MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Identifying third reich jewelry found in Ukraine/Poland

Article about: hi all! I'm friends with a russian metal detector guy who sold me his collection of nazi rings. I do need help identifying the rings, I'm perfectly aware that many of them are worthless but

Rings are a bit of a minefield, one which I have not stepped onto yet, so I can't comment as to the value

As mentioned by Wagriff, are there stampings on the rings, such as the silver content, any makers mark etc?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identifying third reich jewelry found in Ukraine/Poland
    P
    Many

Quote by Iron Hussar View Post
    And the first part would be "für erinnerung Polen einsatz" - translating roughly to "To remember the Polish operation (or mission/deployment)".
    ok thanks

have u ever seen such a ring before? is there a name for such a ring with the initials?

Unfortunately, the inscription, to me, makes the ring more suspicious as being of modern origin. The ring itself may be fine but the writing may well have been added recently to enhance the value to collectors.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Acquisitor View Post
    more about the ring with gold letters, there is an inscription inside "fur herrinerung einsats Polen kieler 1940"

see picture

Attachment 880021
    No engraving....inscription is cast

Ah! Much easier to see now under magnification! Unfortunately, this ring must join the other 2 fakes then. A shame, as the gold lettering was somewhat attractive. As I thought, if it hadn't been for the "inscription" there would have been no reason to suspect it. It is looking more and more like this person sold you a pile of worthless rings...
    William

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Ah! Much easier to see now under magnification! Unfortunately, this ring must join the other 2 fakes then. A shame, as the gold lettering was somewhat attractive. As I thought, if it hadn't been for the "inscription" there would have been no reason to suspect it. It is looking more and more like this person sold you a pile of worthless rings...
    Hard to say with the trenchart and wwI ones
    But all of the wwII patterns are cast fakes

Agreed, but hard to tell with the dug blackened skull. Hopefully, closer and better photos can be posted.
    William

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Agreed, but hard to tell with the dug blackened skull. Hopefully, closer and better photos can be posted.
    thanks

coming.

Must be using a Long exposure Film camera....
    William

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2