MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Iron Cross Ring Origin ?

Article about: Hello all. I was previously sold an Eisernes Kreuz(EK) Ring and was assured that it was from the German WW2 period. I was informed that it had been tested by a Jeweler to confirm the Silver

CBH
    ?

You don't see silver marks on the outside of a ring band , fakers are getting Lazy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Iron Cross Ring Origin ?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I wouldn't smash it. If anything mark the inside with a tool....like "Repro"...so no one else will suffer the same fake...but then again, I know a number of members here that destroy fake items. So up to you. I will say...it won't make a dent in the number of fakes out there.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I wouldn't smash it. If anything mark the inside with a tool....like "Repro"...so no one else will suffer the same fake...but then again, I know a number of members here that destroy fake items. So up to you. I will say...it won't make a dent in the number of fakes out there.
    I would only smash the ring to "delete it" from my life.
    I just don't want it in my house anymore.

Thanks again.

MrFrank
    Last edited by MrFrank; 02-24-2018 at 11:31 AM.

Quote by SpitfireVb View Post
    QUOTE=MrFrank;1826734]Thanks again.
    You would not believe the elaborate story they spun to get me to believe that it was an original WW2 ring.
    I thought they would not bother if it was untrue, because it would take too much effort, but I was obviously wrong.
    Well, as many folks on the forum would tell you, 'buy the ring, not the story'. It has happened to us all. Can you get a refund?[/QUOTE]

No refund possible, but thanks for suggesting it.

MrFrank

I have to agree - it is casted ring and not an period item. The design is similar to the WWI or pre WWI period so even if it was an original, it is not from the III Reich era. But I disagree that there were no silver markings outside the ring band - I is rare but such marked rings existed.

Quote by ostfrontmilitaria View Post
    I have to agree - it is casted ring and not an period item. The design is similar to the WWI or pre WWI period so even if it was an original, it is not from the III Reich era. But I disagree that there were no silver markings outside the ring band - I is rare but such marked rings existed.
    Agreed. I have seen a few genuine TR rings with the silver mark on the outside. I have a nice Condor Legion example of this. But the subject of this thread is a dud no matter where the mark is placed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2