Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

The last of my possible fake Nazi rings with engraving inside

Article about: Having been collecting militaria for 54 years, i can state that this and one other ring were purchased decades ago when real items were legion and there was no real market for fakes. For exa

Default The last of my possible fake Nazi rings with engraving inside

Having been collecting militaria for 54 years, i can state that this and one other ring were purchased decades ago when real items were legion and there was no real market for fakes. For example i purchased an engraved Luftwaffe honor goblet and also a German presentation tray with beautiful hand engraving of the signatures of the officers making the gift to a panzer division commanding general.They were real. My father owned a factory where i watched the hand engravers at work.
    Having said that i am not an informed consumer of fake goods. I liked these two rings because of the hand engraving and purchased them in the distant past.
    My wedding ring engraved inside in West Germany in the 1950's is such an example of the engravers art.But i know nothing of ring making.
    I put up this ring and another to let those readers uniformed to see and beware.One picture of a plain band does not belong and was uploaded by mistake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The last of my possible fake Nazi rings with engraving inside   The last of my possible fake Nazi rings with engraving inside  

The last of my possible fake Nazi rings with engraving inside   The last of my possible fake Nazi rings with engraving inside  

The last of my possible fake Nazi rings with engraving inside  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The last of my possible fake Nazi rings with engraving inside
    P
    Many

Default Re: The last of my possible fake Nazi rings with engraving inside

I'm sorry to say but this ring is also a fake.

A "One Looker".....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

what makes them fake? because they are cast?

Black Edelweiss: I think that the comments that were posted in your thread apply here. And while I would not venture to offer an opinion on this, since I lack expertise in this area, the circumstantial evidence tends to support those who believe it's not genuine. Dwight

hmm.. Thanks very interesting ....Id like to actually see the amount of money spent on fakes verse the real deal ! i bet it would be insane !...i saw a luftwaffen ring at a gun show . the guy wanted 1250.00 for it ..i looked at it and it looked okay , was even engraved . but ya know i have no real way of identifieing something like this ... it was not selling ...or ever will people avoid that stuff .. so really the fakers are shooting themselves in the foot

Well, both rings are very bad quality fakes. It really surprises me that there are people who think they are real. I have seen very many fake rings in my life and also some originals. At first please look at the quality of the engraving or a ring. Post 1945 rings often have terrible quality. This Totenkopf ring and the Polizei ring what was postid before are both cheap fakes. If they were bought 40-50 years ago - what else I have to say - seems that fakers produced rings also so many years ago. But a fake is still a fake.

Black Edelweiss: I agree completely, but as P.T. Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute." I'm in the same boat you are, in that I know nothing about these TR rings. But I do like to read the threads as they unfold. From your thread I learned that cast rings are suspect, and many of them come from Eastern Europe. No surprises there, but something to keep in mind. And Wagriff gave a good description of how quality rings are made, which is also good to know. Unfortunately this thread hasn't gotten as much attention as yours did, but there may be some new developments later. Dwight

Quote by Black Edelweiss View Post
    hmm.. Thanks very interesting ....Id like to actually see the amount of money spent on fakes verse the real deal ! i bet it would be insane !...i saw a luftwaffen ring at a gun show . the guy wanted 1250.00 for it ..i looked at it and it looked okay , was even engraved . but ya know i have no real way of identifieing something like this ... it was not selling ...or ever will people avoid that stuff .. so really the fakers are shooting themselves in the foot
    Absolutely-the fake makers are, indeed, shooting themselves in the foot-but only to a certain Point. The intention never was to have an ongoing business with a fake ring type. Their idea is more to the line of "make as much as you can off of One style before they catch on to it", and when people Do come to recognize it, they quite often simply change the design to something new or different and proceed to start flooding the markets with Them then. In the early days, the fake rings were, quite often, the Helmeted Viking design and the "Wir Gegen Uber Engeland" Airplane and U-boat designs, etc. Nowadays, they've diversified to an amazing extent with dozens of different designs. Some use crude copies of actual existing designs and ,more commonly, others use sometimes quite impressive but never existed in the first place designs. They can, and have, gone on like this for many long years.
    For some reason, some people just Can not get the notion that even the cheap canteen junk rings of the period were better made than these things they're peddling now. The methods of manufacturing and production from the 1930-40's bare very little resemblance to the crank them out crude garbage we're seeing so many of today. But...on the Other hand, there Are some fakers who have done the exact Opposite and are Now making Frighteningly authentic looking rings like SS Honor rings that can and already in many cases have fooled even the experts. So, basically, you've got 2 classes of fake ring makers. The junkers and the artists. Either way, it's a never ending contest to keep ahead of them both.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."