Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Lion Head Ring? - Opinions!

Article about: Hello all, I'm currently looking to purchase a ring and I came across this type on a US militaria website. I haven't seen it on any of the forums (although that could mean it's junk!!) but I

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    These lion head rings are still a popular ring design being made even today.
    Of course, i agree.
    But little different patterns.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lion Head Ring? - Opinions!
    P
    Many

Foxhound13
    ?

Default Silver lion head ring Berlin 1939

Lion Head Ring? - Opinions!Lion Head Ring? - Opinions!Lion Head Ring? - Opinions!Lion Head Ring? - Opinions!Lion Head Ring? - Opinions!. Here is another example of this ring. I was wondering if this one is an original item? Or have any more info on this style of ring? Can't find any info about this ring on the net. Cheers

Unfortunately, nope. The same cast in "engraving" of 1939 Berlin is to be found on other fake rings as well-such as the Mueller snakes and skull rings...Lion head rings were,indeed, quite popular in the TR era, but not this particular design and detailing.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Tim called me today after he got permission to hunt an old highschool from around the 1910-20's we've been wanting to hunt. He took some video of tonights hunt. We were in wheatie heaven tonight. I got 8 and Tim got 9 wheats, but no silver coins??? They've gotta be there, but we only hunted for about an hour and a half. My night was made by finding my first silver ring of the year... and boy is it a whopper! I really like lion ring it and it intrigues me... I couldn't find the maker's mark anywhere that has a triangle and TC inside... I thought at first it might have been an older Tiffany & Co. , but I don't think so. It's by far the biggest silver ring I've ever ound and fits on my ring finger nicely. If anyone can tell me about the symbolism of the standing lion holding a key and two crossed (swords???) let me know!!

Take some photos and create a new thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2