Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LSSAH ring

Article about: Hi all, I'm a relatively new member of the forum but I have enjoyed seeing pictures of cool treasure and reading your often insightful comments. I've been collecting Third Reich rings for a

Default LSSAH ring

Hi all,

I'm a relatively new member of the forum but I have enjoyed seeing pictures of cool treasure and reading your often insightful comments. I've been collecting Third Reich rings for a number of years - I have about 100 - and I thought that some of you would enjoy seeing some of my recent acquisitions.

The first is a large, chunky brass (I think it's brass) ring that belonged to a member of the elite LSSAH. The sides are engraved, respectively, 'Taganrog 1941'and 'Russland 1942'. I think Taganrog in Russia was the site of one of this division's first major engagements, in Russia at least.

Interested in any opinions. Thanks.

LSSAH ring
    LSSAH ring
    LSSAH ring

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LSSAH ring
    P
    Many

?

Nice made ring and good workmanship. Otherwise impossible to date like every handwork.
    So you heed a sure good source for such items or it is a question of believing.

very nice looking ring.

Again, a Superb and rare ring! We are Definitely looking forward to seeing some more gems from your huge collection! Thank you for posting! Always nice to see original pieces!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks for your feedback, Odal. I appreciate it.
    The LAH ring was obtained from the same trusted dealer as the Legion Condor rings. He's a very good friend whom I have known since we were 5 years old (over 55 years... yikes!); I trust him 100%. Moreover, he usually validates the authenticity (or otherwise) of rings by other experts (including guys on the forum) before considering to sell them. Also, he has been in the militaria business for decades, dealing in WW2, WW1 and Scottish regimental antiques.
    This ring is a unique piece in my experience and I have no reasons to doubt its authenticity. I have been burned a couple of times in the past (dodgy dealer in a wee side street in Vienna) but I'm starting to get a good feel for what's crap and what's the real deal.
    A tremendous benefit of this forum is to learn from you guys who have all been doing this a lot longer than me. Sometimes, your knowledge is astonishing. Highly valued.
    Below is a photo of the three LAH rings that I am lucky to possess. Hope you like them. Theses are some of my favourites in my collection.

p.s. I would be happy to show other photos of these rings, with better detail, if you're interested.

LSSAH ringT

?

Quote by SpitfireVb View Post
    Thanks for your feedback, Odal. I appreciate it.
    The LAH ring was obtained from the same trusted dealer as the Legion Condor rings. He's a very good friend whom I have known since we were 5 years old (over 55 years... yikes!); I trust him 100%. Moreover, he usually validates the authenticity (or otherwise) of rings by other experts (including guys on the forum) before considering to sell them. Also, he has been in the militaria business for decades, dealing in WW2, WW1 and Scottish regimental antiques.
    This ring is a unique piece in my experience and I have no reasons to doubt its authenticity. I have been burned a couple of times in the past (dodgy dealer in a wee side street in Vienna) but I'm starting to get a good feel for what's crap and what's the real deal.
    A tremendous benefit of this forum is to learn from you guys who have all been doing this a lot longer than me. Sometimes, your knowledge is astonishing. Highly valued.
    Below is a photo of the three LAH rings that I am lucky to possess. Hope you like them. Theses are some of my favourites in my collection.

p.s. I would be happy to show other photos of these rings, with better detail, if you're interested.

LSSAH ringT
    I hope you haven`t understand me wrong.
    I like these rings and have some too.
    But i still more like the mass produced ones for collecting. In this area you have the possibility to compare the pieces. That makes it much more easy to spot a fake and lots are around.
    And of course i would lke to see more pics.
    Thanks!

Thanks Odal. No, I don't think I misunderstood you. I agree with you; it's less straightforward to tell if a 'custom-made', bespoke or otherwise rare ring is a phony. That's why you need a trustworthy source who can also consult experts on the authenticity. But, at the end of the day, it is indeed a question of believing, as you wrote.

I have several mass-produced types too. Probably like most ring collectors, I started with Kantine skulls. (I started because I wanted a skull ring like the one Keith Richards wears!) However, I have nearly 30 skulls and now tend to go for more exotic rings. These are becoming harder to find - which is easier on the wallet than buying every skull or Westwall ring that shows up. Mind you, they're not showing up much nowadays either.

I'll post some more pictures of my treasure hoard soon. Need to work today!

Unfortunately rings are not period.
    Other rings can be period but etching is not. Such rings I saw for sale in Ukraine to fool collectors.

This yellow metal called "gypsy gold" or beryllium bronze.
    This how looks modern "gypsy gold" rings. Usually such rings was made from bronze pipe and doesn't have seem. So yellow ring is pure fantasy.

LSSAH ring LSSAH ring

LSSAH ring LSSAH ring

lol
    it total fantasy )))
    congratulation !!!!!!!

Quote by Evgeniy View Post
    lol
    it total fantasy )))
    congratulation !!!!!!!
    Thank You for Calling. All Lines are Busy at the Moment.
    Your message is important to us, it will be dealt with by the first available Moderator.
    Please hold the line until you get binned.

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast