Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe 1940 Romania Ring - Opinions???

Article about: Hi all, Yet another find... this one is a Luftwaffe Romania Ring. I haven't purchased it yet so I'd like some honest opinions on it. I know there are a lot of fantasy rings out there, but mo

?

Default Luftwaffe 1940 Romania Ring - Opinions???

Hi all,

Yet another find... this one is a Luftwaffe Romania Ring. I haven't purchased it yet so I'd like some honest opinions on it. I know there are a lot of fantasy rings out there, but most of them that I come across aren't near as weathered as this one.

I came across another one just like this on the forum, but nobody ever replied to their post. I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this for me. Is it a known wartime issued ring or a known fake?

Sorry for the low quality photo, but its all I have.

Thanks!
    Dzyner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe 1940 Romania Ring - Opinions???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe 1940 Romania Ring - Opinions???
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe 1940 Romania Ring - Opinions???

I have not ever seen such design so maybe it is even original. At least it is not very well known modern fake.

?

Thanks for the feedback Frundsberg. I'm trying to get a shot of the inside and sides. If I get them I'll post them here. I looked all over online and as I mentioned in my initial post, the only one like it that I found was actually another one posted to this forum for opinions. Unfortunately nobody every replied to that post so I'm posting mine in hopes of getting some opinions.

?

Here are a couple more shots, one of the side and another showing the inside-top...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe 1940 Romania Ring - Opinions???   Luftwaffe 1940 Romania Ring - Opinions???  

?

Anybody else have any thoughts about this ring? Have you ever seen one like it before, and was it authentic?

?

After long years of collecting rings i have maybe seen a handfull of this pattern
    Cast in not so high quality, but still nice done.
    All of the rings i have seen have backsite a different number
    So it seems there was made a small row of them.....maybe for awarding to the
    guys of the romanian Luftwaffenmission.
    For me a nice pattern and for sure no known fake.
    Maybe the future brings more about.

Here a pic of one of this rings from my collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe 1940 Romania Ring - Opinions???