Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe ring.

Article about: I have looked through a number of the ring related pages looking to see if the example I have been offered appears here already. I have not been able to find it so thought it best to ask if

Default Luftwaffe ring.

I have looked through a number of the ring related pages looking to see if the example I have been offered appears here already. I have not been able to find it so thought it best to ask if those in the know could please have a look and let me know your thoughts on this piece. I have no knowledge of these sort of things at all and am erring on the side of it being wrong just because so many rings do appear to be wrong. I hope you can see all you need to in the pictures that I took. The word ALPACCA is to be seen on the inside of the ring.
    Any info will be much appreciated as always.
    All the best,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe ring.   Luftwaffe ring.  

Luftwaffe ring.   Luftwaffe ring.  

Luftwaffe ring.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe ring.
    P
    Many

Alpaca Silver does NOT contain any real silver; it is just another name for Nickel Silver. Personally I am VERY dubious of ANY rings that surface, unless I can see a period photo wearing one, or similar Igive them a wide berth .

I know they existed, but there are so many fakes out there.............................. it's up to you Damion

It is an intentionally cheaply made ring, but on initial look, I can see nothing immediately wrong about it. It's condition is quite poor, but it is similar in design to an SS runic ring that I have.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Hard to say with this pics.
    From ground a well known and common period pattern, but a lot of fakes are around.
    Outside i can see no sure faults.
    On the pics of the inner band it looks like there are pittings from gas porosity/scars/little holes from casting. If this is there it would be the end for this ring.
    These rings are die struck/presssed.
    Alpacca is an other Name for "Neusilber". A silver shining brass alloy with large parts of nickel.

In the case of this ring in my opinion clear large pics are the key.

I like the general look of it.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

nice!