Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Luftwaffe ring

Article about: Hi, a friend of mine purchased this ring, he is convinced it's the real deal and paid a hefty sum for it... Someone have any idea about the origin of this ring ? Thanks in advance

?

Default Luftwaffe ring

Hi, a friend of mine purchased this ring, he is convinced it's the real deal and paid a hefty sum for it...
    Someone have any idea about the origin of this ring ?

Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe ring
    P
    Many

Is it possible to see some close up shots of it in focus? Also, does it have any markings inside of it? So far, I'm not seeing anything immediately bad about it, but better photos are definitely needed, of course.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I believe this ring was 'authenticated' on FB by our disgraced former member 'Triggerself', so make of that what you will.

Triggerself is just a young college kid trying to make himself something he's not, by pretending on FB. His pronouncements can be given the attention they deserve... As for the ring, is the stone Sodalite? Definitely unusual, to say the least.
    William

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Triggerself is just a young college kid trying to make himself something he's not, by pretending on FB. His pronouncements can be given the attention they deserve... As for the ring, is the stone Sodalite? Definitely unusual, to say the least.
    No idea what the stone is, i just tought the swastica didn't seem to have very symmetrical extensions.
    Not quite usual for german standards.

Just have these pictures send by email.

I'm tempted to say that I am leaning towards it being a special made piece post-war for a Luft Officer vet(one who did Not still live in Germany,naturally, as shown by the swaz), but this is just speculation. It certainly doesn't appear to have been Worn, in any case.
    William

More and better quality photos will be required from your friend, Mosin, that's for sure. Rings are a huge minefield and the fakers are many.

?

Just went, and took some better photo's for you guys ; )

?

Hope this helps, a,d thanks for the replies so far : )

?

Quote by Mosin View Post
    Hope this helps
    The pictures are rather small - is it possible to upload larger pictures so that we can see the detail?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast