Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More Rings

Article about: Ok these are the other two rings, they are probably fake but feel free to have a look! Again, i gave them a clean, the stamp on the first ring is 925, the second ring doesn't have a stamp. I

?

Default More Rings

Ok these are the other two rings, they are probably fake but feel free to have a look!

Again, i gave them a clean, the stamp on the first ring is 925, the second ring doesn't have a stamp.

I saw someone on this forum post an image of a German newspaper from that time advertising Skull rings for soldiers to purchase-and i think theses rings were a design shown-so it could be copied from that style.

More RingsMore RingsMore RingsMore RingsMore RingsMore RingsMore RingsMore RingsMore RingsMore Rings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement More Rings
    P
    Many

Well....yep. Both modern cast made fakes...The porous appearance is a giveaway that they are cast. Most German war-era rings were stamped and soldered. One thing to remember, is that they very seldom if ever used 925 Sterling Silver in wartime Germany. 925 was not in use much until postwar into the 50's. German silver was usually 800,835, maybe 850 or even 900 in a few cases.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Just out of interest , what site are you using to purchase these rings ?

?

Don't worry, i don't mind that they are fakes, i bought them because i liked the ring, i didn't even know they were meant to be casts of war rings. I think it was on Ebay, but it was a while ago, i bought them when i was looking for an interesting ring to buy. and the seller mentioned that they were 'war rings',-but i had my doubts from the beginning.

?

I have to say I have never seen someone buy so many fake rings and not be dismayed .Id suggest showing pictures on here before You purchase them next time.Save Your money for the real stuff

CBH
    ?

I wouldn't call them Fakes , as I don't think they are based on WWII style of ring .
    They are more a Biker style ring .

?

4. Reich stuff, but cool for wearing

?

Ah but i don't think you understand, i didn't buy thinking they were German rings, i just bought them because i liked the rings. The seller mentioned in the details of the ring that they were "German war rings". That's why i am not bothered if they are 'fake'.

I don't really collect any antiques or memorabilia, and i think the effort and money it requires to buy antique rings, whether they are civilian or military (especially from WW1-2) is too much. Maybe i will look into it in the future but for what i have read it's very hard and expensive to find the original rings, watches, belt buckles etc from that period from any of the Axis powers.

Especially since a lot of the cool stuff was owned by officers, therefore finite and costly. Such as Soviet officers having wrist watches-a luxury in Bolshevik Russia in the 40's, or the Katanas-issued to officers ONLY.

It takes time and money, i think it's worth doing and i find it really fascinating, but i'm not sure if i am willing to devote the time to it!

?

Thanks for the info guys!

I would suggest you save your money that you are spending on fake and 4th Reich rings and look to purchase an original example instead.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast