Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

More Totenkopf rings

Article about: As requested by Glenn, here are more shots of the two rings I posted in the previous thread along with another chunky black one. I hope these photos are up to scratch. This one is pretty bea

Default More Totenkopf rings

As requested by Glenn, here are more shots of the two rings I posted in the previous thread along with another chunky black one. I hope these photos are up to scratch.

This one is sliver, as seen by the '830' hallmark
    More Totenkopf rings More Totenkopf rings

This one is pretty beat up but it's still my favourite of the three. Looks evil! As you can see, it is indeed alpaca.
    More Totenkopf rings

Here is the chunky one.
    Attachment 990391 Attachment 990392
    Attachment 990393

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement More Totenkopf rings
    P
    Many

?

First ring:
    I like it, looks struck and i have the same one. The band is art deco and would fit the period, but i can`t date it for sure.

Second one:
    Usually made from and marked "GOLDIN", so careful with this one.

Last one:
    I don`t like it.
    For me a new made ring

Quote by odal View Post

Last one:
    I don`t like it.
    For me a new made ring
    Maybe, maybe not, who cares? Even today it still makes a cracking seal for use on funeral invitations....Mwhahaha.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

....or to dispense with thy enemies!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture More Totenkopf rings  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

One like this, you mean, Dan? (This is actually a real one,however! lol)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture More Totenkopf rings  
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

As for the 3 posted rings, I have to agree. I like the 1st 2, but have qualms on the 3rd. The Style of the ring is appropriate for the 30's and 40's era, but the table of the ring with the stamped black design may possibly have been a later addition. A difficult ring to figure.
    William

Does the alpaca ring have file marks to the face? That is curious as there is considerable 'wear' to the face. Perhaps artificial wear.

The first ring I like but have to express the same concerns as others regarding the 3rd ring.

Hi, the first , I must agree, ok, good one, the 2nd would be marked German silver,or some configuration of that, not alpaca, which is Mexican nickle silver. third, once again, not of the Reich. K

Hard to tell just what the marking is on the non-silver one. It seems to be an abbreviation of "Alpaka" as "ALP" and 4 more letters. Alpaka was a very common metal used in the Third Reich era and even many of the Luftwaffe Honor Goblets were made and stamped of "Alpaka".

More Totenkopf rings
    William

?

"ALPACCA".....there were different writings for this alloy. This spelling was very common.