Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My TR ring -new to site

Article about: Thank you Ned for the kind words. It is an overall exceptional documented TKR. I am very frustrated with my pictures as the ring is not at all dull. The teeth have worn to the point that a m

?

Default My TR ring -new to site

Greetings. While browsing today noted your site and found it very interesting. Was esp. interested in your ring site. After joining am having difficulty getting back to the ring page. I thought I would share with you my Totenkopf Honor with you today. This TK My TR ring -new to siteMy TR ring -new to siteMy TR ring -new to siteis Don Cert. and has been researched to have been awarded to Generalmajor Karl Robert Herrmann born 27-10-1891, died 8-10-1960. He was a SS-Brigadefuher and Gerneralmajor de Waffen SS. I'm sorry my lighting on the pictures is not that good and made the pictures too large.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My TR ring -new to site
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum!

A good certified ring is nice to see for a change.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A real TR ring, i think i'm going to faint!....

Hi docf, and welcome to the forum.

The ring is interesting but i'm sure you realise that these photo's aren't really up to scratch by a long chalk for a serious review, so better focussed close up shots of all the runes and the skull without flash glare would be nice. It would also be nice to see the certificate from Don Boyle that you have with it.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I confess I am a lousy photographer and should get a medal just being able to upload this photo as bad as it is. How do I add additional photo's

Quote by docf View Post
    I confess I am a lousy photographer and should get a medal just being able to upload this photo as bad as it is. How do I add additional photo's
    Just click the "go advanced" icon and do what you did with the original post!...

A real TR ring! That's something new.

?

Default Photo

My TR ring -new to siteMy TR ring -new to siteMy TR ring -new to siteMy TR ring -new to site I have obscured my name for obvious reasons. The face on picture is less bright ,but still only fair quality. It was not my intention to have ring evaluated for auth, but simply to show. I am very familiar with these rings. This one however is one of my favorites as to it's genealogy.

Thanks for the new pic's.

The certificate is unequivocal, so there's no problem there. The skull is interesting, as being the later so called '1940's design' with what's often called the 'pig's nose' that is typical of that type. There is a noticable lack of hand finishing on this particular ring, i'm looking at the teeth area where there is little detail compared to some other examples, and the simple, narrow saw cuts in the knuckles of the long bones either side.

These are often more thoroughly worked, as i'm sure you know, but I have a picture of an almost identical finished skull as yours in my possesion that is a known original as well, and have no doubt that yours is bang on the money and shows very little wear! I would even go as far to guess the same craftsmen at Gahr's was responsible for both. In the same vein, the engraving on yours is also a very good match for a number of other genuine rings that show that the same engraver was responsible for the inscription.

From the limited pictures available, it appears to me that your ring was probably not worn on a daily basis, as the area at the base with the double runic oval panel shows little sign of wear, and is therefore a very desirable piece, as many are almost totally obliterated due to the softness of the silver used.

Anyway, that's my opinion, did I do O.K.??

Thanks for sharing this lovely example of a genuine Ehrenring, as the guy's have already said, we don't get to see many here, but this ones made it worth the wait. I hope at sometime in the future you can post more comprehensive photo's as this piece makes an ideal learning tool.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

As said by others above, it's refreshing to see an actual Authentic HR! In beautiful condition, owned by an SS General and fully papered! Not much more to ask for!
    As for wear, I wouldn't worry in any case, as it was only issued 10 months before the end of the war, so it really didn't have Time to get worn much, and I rather doubt it was worn After the war's end! A superb HR in any case! And welcome to the Forum!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast