Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original 1940 Norge Stavanger ring - Kriegsmarine?

Article about: Not from my collection but still a very nice ring. I have not ever seen any similar rings before. Probably a Norwegian made ring for Germans in 1940.

Default Original 1940 Norge Stavanger ring - Kriegsmarine?

Not from my collection but still a very nice ring. I have not ever seen any similar rings before. Probably a Norwegian made ring for Germans in 1940.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original 1940 Norge Stavanger ring - Kriegsmarine?   Original 1940 Norge Stavanger ring - Kriegsmarine?  

Original 1940 Norge Stavanger ring - Kriegsmarine?   Original 1940 Norge Stavanger ring - Kriegsmarine?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original 1940 Norge Stavanger ring - Kriegsmarine?
    P
    Many

Looks to be in remarkable condition!

It is listed in ebay.de for 1900 euros right now. In my opinion the price is far too much but i like the quality - just look at the enamel, you can not find anything like it very often today.

?

to much for such a ring.

I believe this is an original ring belonged to a soldier posted in the city of Stavanger, Norway.

Would be interesting to find out if the emblem on the ring is the KM emblem of a certain unit

Wow, one zero too many on that price!

?

A period known rare pattern

But last time i have seen 3 or 4 of them in this mint condition so i am sceptical
    And the pics above are 2 different rings....look at the anchor

I think its to do with the camera angle Odal.

All pictures are from the same auction so I do not belive there are pictures of 2 different rings. But price 1900 euros is of course utopical.

?

Original 1940 Norge Stavanger ring - Kriegsmarine?

Same ring...just different lighting and angles. Look at the scratch between the N and the O. In the 1st photo, it is visible but subdued. In the 2nd photo, the light illuminates it more fully. The spots on the anchor are also there,but poorly illuminated in some of the photos. In any case, even if this ring was made of solid Gold, it would Never be worth 1900 Euros...that price is just ludicrous...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast