MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Panzer ring real or fake?

Article about: I found this ring on eBay and was wondering if it's real any help will be appreciated here's the link Ring Silver 9 Panzer Div Hohenstaufen WWII German elite - eBay (item 220778224003 end ti

Default Panzer ring real or fake?

I found this ring on eBay and was wondering if it's real any help will be appreciated here's the link

Ring Silver 9 Panzer Div Hohenstaufen WWII German elite - eBay (item 220778224003 end time May-07-11 11:14:44 PDT)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer ring real or fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Panzer ring real or fake?

Original ring but I'm not sure about the inner engraving.

?

Doesn't look good with Hohenstaufen stuck on the inner, if it was 9 SS Panzer Div i'm sure the SS would come into somewhere if it were wartime so at best postwar .The photos of the inner engraving are very poor !! , HG maybe it's supposed to be Herman Goring Div !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

So its most likely not a ring from ww2?

Also while were still debating over rings does anybody know if this is real

Ring Polish 1939 Silver Air Navy WW2 engraved elite | eBay

I belive it is just an original pre 1945 ring with monogram but has nothing to do with military. Such rings were very popular in 1920-30-ies and as we all know most of German men were in the army so now wonder previous owner of that ring was also in Waffen SS, Luftwaffe or elsewhere. But we do not have any proof it was so.

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    I belive it is just an original pre 1945 ring with monogram but has nothing to do with military. Such rings were very popular in 1920-30-ies and as we all know most of German men were in the army so now wonder previous owner of that ring was also in Waffen SS, Luftwaffe or elsewhere. But we do not have any proof it was so.
    which ring is it your talking about the panzer one or the other also is the panzer one authentic yes or no?

For One thing,the seller(of the Panzer HG ring) is in Poland,and I trust Nothing coming out of Poland these days-the entire country seems to be a virtual fake war relic factory. It is done in the 30-40's style and may even be a direct copy of an original someone found somewhere,but I wouldn't touch it. As for the Polish ring,I don't particularly like it either. It shows fairly heavy wear inside and out,but the inner inscription-which you would logically figure would take the brunt of the most wear,being silver and all-is totally clear and legible. That,and the fact that both sellers list an enormous number of rings constantly as well as some ridiculously fake garbage as well,would make me run from both these guys. Today,with the fakers out there like they are,cranking out thousands every year,about the only way that you can buy a wartime ring with peace of mind,is if you have a bulletproof history to it. Rings are just too desirable and are always open to massive counterfeiting. Be careful if you are serious in finding a decent one-they're out there,but you run through a minefield to get to them.

Unless I had a couple of grand to spend on a documented original, I would stay
    away from ALL of these ebay rings. Original TR/SS rings are rare and
    expensive - everything else is 99% crap............!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Ring in question. Guys ebay links go dead very quickly. Then the thread is usless.
    SteveR
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer ring real or fake?   Panzer ring real or fake?  

Panzer ring real or fake?   Panzer ring real or fake?