Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Panzer Skull Ring History Background

Article about: Hi Everybody, allow me to introduce myself: my name is Mark, born German, living in Iceland. I am brand new here and to this whole subject: just purchased my first Skull Ring -it's in the ma

Quote by odal View Post
    I am not to 100 % sure with this real not so good pics, but i think more this is a cast than a die struck ring.
    If so, it is a nearly "no go" for a period ring in such style.
    Look at the teeth, such faults are not explaining with wearing or a hard used die.

Not a ring i would want to have in collection.
    You know I'm by far no expert, but I'd be very surprised if this ring is cast...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer Skull Ring History Background
    P
    Many

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Sadly, I must share the same concerns as colleague Odal. Let's hope when Mark receives his ring that better photos can put these concerns to rest.

As a small comparison against my own two silver skull rings, the teeth deformation does appear to not be uniform and indeed hard to explain away by wear or by being crushed etc.

Attachment 913914
    Ah OK, here is Sergey on the teeth deformation:
    'As you can see there is also problems on this ring. This is stamp defect. I will show you later how it looks on Latvian rings. Your ring is made not from soft metal as silver, so procentage of defects are higher. Also your ring is heavy worn and had a uncommon pattern which differs from all well know fakes'.

That explains the deformations.

Quote by odal View Post
    I am not to 100 % sure with this real not so good pics, but i think more this is a cast than a die struck ring.
    If so, it is a nearly "no go" for a period ring in such style.
    Look at the teeth, such faults are not explaining with wearing or a hard used die.

Not a ring i would want to have in collection.
    Dear Odal, out of curiosity: if a ring is cast, what are the symptoms? How can you recognize that fact...? iow what should I be looking for?
    I will post many more HD pics as soon as it arrives in the mail!

Thanks for the feedback,
    Mark

Quote by Mark4321 View Post
    Whoah! And all German? Is there a way to find out which Panzer troops?
    All German, yes. Panzer troops? Probably not, who could tell really?

?

Quote by Mark4321 View Post
    Dear Odal, out of curiosity: if a ring is cast, what are the symptoms? How can you recognize that fact...? iow what should I be looking for?
    I will post many more HD pics as soon as it arrives in the mail!

Thanks for the feedback,
    Mark

As told...i am not to 100 % sure and my first opinion bases only on this very small first pics.
    Allways hard to impossible to build on such basement a judgement.

Visible casting signs are often weak detailing in deeper sections (not explainable with wearing), general soft detail,
    pittings from gas porosity, casting lines, flaws, faults.

In some cases you need a handinspection to be sure.

This ring is especially very difficult to be sure in. Again, all in all it is no common pattern
    so you can`t compare it with a for sure good one of this pattern.

Quote by odal View Post

As told...i am not to 100 % sure and my first opinion bases only on this very small first pics.
    Allways hard to impossible to build on such basement a judgement.

Visible casting signs are often weak detailing in deeper sections (not explainable with wearing), general soft detail,
    pittings from gas porosity, casting lines, flaws, faults.

In some cases you need a handinspection to be sure.

This ring is especially very difficult to be sure in. Again, all in all it is no common pattern
    so you can`t compare it with a for sure good one of this pattern.
    Ah OK thanks! I think I get a better idea now... Sergey says these are stamp defects, especially since this is a harder material the defects can be greater as well. It doesn't look cast at all to me, but as you know I'm not yet an expert by a mile and a half...
    Also the ring is very unusual and rare, which I would guess makes a fake much less likely... I will send the best pics I can do with my iPhone 5 soon as I got the ring, and I will also show it to a good jeweler to get more of an expert opinion, at least on whether or not it's cast, if it;s 'NeuSilber', etc.
    Thanks for the reply,
    Mark

Glenn,I knew what is a Panzer ring.
    I have with history
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer Skull Ring History Background  
    Arktis ist Nicht!

?

Wow!
    Yes, thats a nice one....skull hollow, seperate extra piece and soldered on.
    Some collectors say this pattern was for mountain troopers

skull same collar tab of Panzertruppe,not Geb Jager
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer Skull Ring History Background  
    Arktis ist Nicht!

silver marking at backside of skull,collar skull zink or aluminium........Some collectors liked glamour fakes for low prices.....
    Arktis ist Nicht!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast