Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question early SS honor ring

Article about: Thanks for your opinions about this item, price: \\$ 9.500. I'm seriously considering this purchase.

Default Question early SS honor ring

Thanks for your opinions about this item, price: $ 9.500. I'm seriously considering this purchase.
    Question early SS honor ringQuestion early SS honor ringQuestion early SS honor ringQuestion early SS honor ringQuestion early SS honor ringQuestion early SS honor ringQuestion early SS honor ring

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question early SS honor ring
    P
    Many

?

A virtual minefield... I don't like the seam behind the skull.. Welcome to the forum by the way...
    Others will be along to verify "My opinion" or discount it....G

Quote by Gwar View Post
    A virtual minefield... I don't like the seam behind the skull.. Welcome to the forum by the way...
    Others will be along to verify "My opinion" or discount it....G
    Totally agree! hope it turns out ok I have seen hundreds of these everywhere. timothy

I am moving this thread to the Third Reich Rings forum where it will likely get more astute attention.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Question early SS honor ringWhile looking closer to pic no. 2 in post no. 2.
    The area between the left side of the triangle and the oaks --- i got my doubts in this ring.
    A Don Boyle coa would be obligatory for me this upper price class.

For sure interesting for you this thread with very good pics from the 34 Bittrich ring:

Bittrich Honor Ring - GermanDaggers.com

registering there is for free
    Last edited by odal; 09-18-2014 at 04:58 PM.

Unfortunately, the pictures do not appear on the GDC thread. Too bad as it would be an interesting piece to see.
    BOB

I like this one..., a lot. Everything looks right to me, the correct type of skull for a 30's ring, the thicker, bolder font that was used on the letters and numbers compared to the later 40's ring where they are noticably thinner, The actual styling of the letters by the engravers hand on this particular ring is familiar to me, it's almost like recognising a persons handwriting. Then there's runic panels being the correct type of squatter, wider shape and the thinner, straight sided edge of the ring compared to the 40's thicker barrel shaped design with far more pronounced deep engraving around the outside compared to the more delicate finish of the 30's rings.

It would not in my opinion be correct to compare ring beside ring when examining the actual runes themselves. These can vary considerably due to the manufacturing process, where much hand engraving and finishing can affect the shape, depth, and therefore look of each seperate ring. Also the softness of the silver can cause distortion and wear that varies greatly from ring to ring, so at the same time you have a feel for what's right after studying different ones of that same time period. All this adds up to coming to a considered opinion.

No fake i've ever seen has all these attributes correctly interpreted and I am prepared to put my endorsment on this ring, and if i'm proven by Don Boyle or whoever to be wrong then I won't eat my hat, but i'll make a donation to the forum. For me it's a one looker, as I said at the start, it looks right.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Unfortunately, the pictures do not appear on the GDC thread. Too bad as it would be an interesting piece to see.
    you have to register there

Quote by odal View Post
    you have to register there
    I know. I used to be registered there. When the ownership and the programing changed, I could not get back in as a registered member and can not reregister. There is not enough going on there for me to go through somehow getting the problem solved.
    BOB