Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ring found

Article about: Found this ring on ebay. Can anyone tell's me what it is? The ring is hollowed and machined. And probebly silver. Thanks

Default Ring found

Found this ring on ebay. Can anyone tell's me what it is?
    The ring is hollowed and machined. And probebly silver.

Thanks

Ring found
    Ring found
    Ring found

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ring found
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    As we frown on posters using outside photo hosting sites, I have uploaded your photos directly to this thread. I did not upload the fourth one as it is too dark to be of any benefit. I have also moved it to the correct forum.
    Poor example of an imaginary ring. Likely comes out of Poland and does not hold any value other than POSSIBLY made out of silver.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Cast junk...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Crap.. The ring is worn out so i imagine that that is authentic.
    But thank's for the info guys

Not good at all!.....

I hope you get your money back adrenaline.

I love it "Found this ring on ebay"... pretty much the kiss of death as far as authenticity is concerned? Not saying that there isn't something good on there occasionally, because there is, if you're willing to wade through literally thousands of absolute crap items to get to a few good ones.

And rings have to be at the top of the heap for one of the most faked/or just purely fantasy items?

I take it you're not a collector, you just saw this and bought it on impulse?

Nice pic of the bottom side. Where do you see machining here?

In the middle pic, I see quite a bit of yellow on the edge. A brass ring with thin silver plate?

Anyway, I'm sure for some people, this is a a nice piece for everyday wear, it doesn't have to be real to be enjoyed...

PS Real Third Reich rings (rings most collectors agree to be real) can cost up to a couple thousand dollars.

PPS You could always throw it back on eBay and try to get your $20 back, only to have eBay pull the ad, and sanction your selling account for attempting to sell a "hateful or discriminatory" item.

Nope im not a collector. i just found that ww2 stuffs are real cool thing's. Im starting to learn as i go, and sure i will buy som cool stuff.
    How can you easly tell it is a real wwII ring next time?

Quote by Adrenaline View Post
    How can you easly tell it is a real wwII ring next time?
    Post it here first for opinions before you buy.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Don't let buying a dud put you off! EVERYBODY here has done so at one time or another while pursuing this field. But like suggested , do some research on the piece and post what you find and your thoughts on the item BEFORE YOU BUY.
    Then after this site has saved you $$$ consider becoming a member and show your appreciation for what others have done for you..
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast