Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RING Question

Article about: the authenticity of the ring itself is not in question,but the attribution that it is an "officers" ring is in doubt and cannot be proven one way or the other without an iron clad

Default RING Question

WOW! Just bought this ring, hope this is the right thread. I bought it on a whim, but am questioning it. I will negative this ebayer if fake! I hope you guys can help me. The pics provided are from the sale. I NEVER jump the gun, but may have on this. Seller said it was officer's ring. Seller is from Poland.
    Attached Images Attached Images RING Question  RING Question 
    Last edited by Good Pwny; 03-29-2011 at 04:08 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RING Question
    P
    Many

Default Re: RING Question

WHO KNOWS???...this style is not known by me to be an "officers ring",,,could be anyone's!....

Quote by militarymania View Post
    WHO KNOWS???...this style is not known by me to be an "officers ring",,,could be anyone's!....
    I'm kicking myself right now!

dont kick yourself!,,,,we have all made questionable purchases,,,we should however keep this to a minimum....

dont kick yourself!,,,,we have all made questionable purchases,,,we should however keep this to a minimum....
    I hope he didn't dupe me.
    Last edited by Good Pwny; 03-29-2011 at 04:10 AM.

All I'm saying is that my collection is pretty tight, but I have never gotten jacked! I don't have rings, and wanted to add one. I bid high in the last few seconds, and got bid up. Seller was selling rings that were going for almost $300! I don't mind paying, if the product is legit.

?

It totally could be a period ring, but since it doesn't have a military theme, who knows? If you're really into military rings, you might try trench art rings, they aren't as polished, but I think(and I'm NOT an expert) that they probably have a higher chance of being legit. This is a trench art ring, and kind of a nice one I think. Finland WW II trench art ring Muisto 1942 - eBay (item 110600524135 end time Apr-17-11 02:28:48 PDT). Just a thought, if you're really bent on getting a ring and are concerned about it being real trench art might be a good way to go. I'm not vouching for the above ring BTW, just using it as an example. Good luck!

I would stay away from rings...

Well, ring seems to be pre 1945 and it can easily be also "officer ring" - ring that once belonged to an German officer. But it can also be "fisher ring" - ring that once belonged to a fisherman. Actually it is just a ring with monogram and I think from a period 1920-1945. I do not understand why You are not satisfied with Your purache? It is impossible to say if this ring belonged to German officer or not.

Thanks for your responses, guys! Any other thoughts? I contacted him and saig it's the real deal. I didn't question the period, but the officer claim. I asked how he knew it was an officer's, but he still hasn't gotten back to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast