Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

RING Question

Article about: the authenticity of the ring itself is not in question,but the attribution that it is an "officers" ring is in doubt and cannot be proven one way or the other without an iron clad

Default Re: RING Question

the authenticity of the ring itself is not in question,but the attribution that it is an "officers" ring is in doubt and cannot be proven one way or the other without an iron clad provenance,which is not likely forthcoming from the seller

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RING Question
    P
    Many

If the ring was a good price and you like it then be happy with that and the 'mystery' of who actually owned it.

Personally I stay away from rings, especially the 'found in Stalingrad' ones!

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    If the ring was a good price and you like it then be happy with that and the 'mystery' of who actually owned it.

Personally I stay away from rings, especially the 'found in Stalingrad' ones!
    Cost me around $30. A bit too high for a period ring. The seller hasn't told me how it's an officer ring, after a few emails. Hopefully he'll refund, or risk his first negative.

It is wishful thinking to assume that it is an officer's ring. Many sellers will tack on the word, "officer's" to try to get more money out of whatever it is they are selling. I don't know how many times I have seen "officer's" helmets being advertised for sale when they are not only fake, but not even marked in any way that would make someone think that it belonged to an officer!

While it could have belonged to an officer, it is much more likely that it belonged to someone who wasn't. The original owner might not have evern been in the military. It is a nice ring for $30 though. It would be nice to display with something, but I would keep it far, far away from my militaria.

Regards,
    Mo

Well, $30 is a fair price and it is hard to get such rings cheaper today because of the rising silver and gold prices. I still can not understand why You placed a bid and now refuse to pay? As seller can not give You 100% guarantee it is "officer ring" You can not prove it did not belonged to German officer. When You just refuse to pay You will get a non-payment strike from eBay. Most of eBay rings are fakes anyway so it is better not to buy any of them.

Not military related, IMO, without some solid proof or provenance, which may be impossible
    to ascertain - it is simply an 'old' signet ring. It may not even be made of precious metal,
    or of the era you were told.

At least you did not spend $300 on it. Send it back if you are not pleased. The seller should
    give you a refund without an argument, and you'll only be out the return postage.

I too would stay away from all these rings, unless that is what you want to collect.
    As said, 99.9% of TR/military rings on Ebay are bogus...............
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2