Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ring with SS Runes: Real or Fake?

Article about: Dear forum members, I would like to ask your expert opinions of this ring is real or a fake? It was donated to the museum where I volunteer. Please help if you can. Thank you so much! Sincer

Default Pictures

Dear members..

Here are the extra pictures of the ring. Please help me determine if it is real or fake. Thank you!

Frank Ring with SS Runes: Real or Fake?Ring with SS Runes: Real or Fake?Ring with SS Runes: Real or Fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ring with SS Runes: Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

?

No bad work in this ring and for sure no mass produced item.
    So like every handwork nearly impossible to date.

For me a good looking ring, but i don`t like this proud standing runes,
    that wasn`t very common to this times if you compare to other rings.
    So for me this ring as a fifty/fifty chance.

I would be more than happy to have this ring in my collection.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks Wagriff so can we assume this ring is real?

- - ------- - -

Thanks so much Odal, although it is hard to tell for sure but can we assume this ring is real? The Museum only wants to put real items on display.

It's not made in any manner that I've personally ever seen a fraudulent or fake ring made. It certainly does not resemble any of the modern day fantasy pieces either. Like I initially said, I think that it's a hand made piece from an unknown SS artifact of some sort that someone had made into a ring-likely by a jeweler of the times. In this, it is more related to trench art than professionally made jewelry, but I think that it's safe to say that it's far more than likely to be authentic than a fraud created piece. It's impossible to say 100% with Any hand created item, as to what exact age or era it was born, but this one does look good to my eyes and I would be fully comfortable displaying it as an original piece.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    It's not made in any manner that I've personally ever seen a fraudulent or fake ring made. It certainly does not resemble any of the modern day fantasy pieces either. Like I initially said, I think that it's a hand made piece from an unknown SS artifact of some sort that someone had made into a ring-likely by a jeweler of the times. In this, it is more related to trench art than professionally made jewelry, but I think that it's safe to say that it's far more than likely to be authentic than a fraud created piece. It's impossible to say 100% with Any hand created item, as to what exact age or era it was born, but this one does look good to my eyes and I would be fully comfortable displaying it as an original piece.
    Yes, mainly i agree.
    Maybe this hallmarks outside can help a little more to isolate the time period of manufacturing this ring.

When it was donated to the museum last month, they said it came from came from an SS office in Rosendaal in The Netherlands it was found there in 1945. Due to the withdrawal of the German forces and the disposing of everything even slightly resembling that they were part of the SS, makes sense. It is well known that the SS dressed in Wehrmacht uniforms to escape capture. So a ring is the first item you would dispose of. Have a great sunday!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2