Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Are rings correctly posted here or not?

Article about: I apologize in advance, but I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post, but any advice will be welcomed. I was wondering if this ring, I recently purchased in Lapidarium Antiques Sto

Default Are rings correctly posted here or not?

I apologize in advance, but I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post, but any advice will be welcomed. I was wondering if this ring, I recently purchased in Lapidarium Antiques Store in Warsaw, Poland, was real or just another recreation. Sorry for the ignorance, but I found this, as a latin american, rather fascinating: to enter an european store and find so many antiques from WW2. I visited Poland in October and was deeply moved by all the history I was confronted with. Any information based on all your common knowledge will be welcomed, thank you all!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Are rings correctly posted here or not?   Are rings correctly posted here or not?  

Are rings correctly posted here or not?   Are rings correctly posted here or not?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Are rings correctly posted here or not?
    P
    Many

A fantasy piece.

Mart

MAP
    ?

Poland is notorious for producing fakes by the truck load. Rings included.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello welcome to the forum. For me the ring is postwar cast. The quality is pretty poor. And what looks to be a crack through the enamel is in reality a parting line from the mold used to produce it. I wish I had better news but it's bad for me. Kindest regards.

Brian

Are rings correctly posted here or not?

As Map pointed out, Poland are notorious for these very bad replicas.. And this ring surely one of them.

If you go to a market in Poland you will find these Polish fake ww2 items everywhere.
    Hope you did not pay much for it.

Thank you all for your input and replies. Broken hearted to know this is not a real piece.

Quote by sanchorb View Post
    Thank you all for your input and replies. Broken hearted to know this is not a real piece.
    Dont be.. learn from it and next time post the items you could be interested in here before buying..will save you the broken heart feeling.

MAP
    ?

Quote by sanchorb View Post

We have all been there. But now you are aware. If you continue in this hobby. Always post before you buy. Nothing is too rare not to take your time. You might miss out on the item but you can always find another.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Welcome to the forum. I can only echo the others‘ comments. Your SS ring is a poorly made post-war piece. This design never existed in WW2 to my knowledge. Cheers!
    Stephen