Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Rings for your review

Article about: Hi All, I just discovered this ring thread. I am sorry it took me so long I did not realize there were ring collectors out there. Here are some of my items. If I need to make separate thread

?

Default Rings for your review

Hi All,

I just discovered this ring thread. I am sorry it took me so long I did not realize there were ring collectors out there. Here are some of my items. If I need to make separate threads for each just let me know and I will! Expert opinions are appreciated. This first one I know very little about other than the Luftwaffe eagle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rings for your review   Rings for your review  

Rings for your review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rings for your review
    P
    Many

?

Default Petsamo marked ring

This ring looks to commemorate the Petsamo battle in Finland
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rings for your review   Rings for your review  

Rings for your review   Rings for your review  

?

Here are a few broken skull rings I have

Rings for your review  

?

Some West Wall

Rings for your review  

The 1st ring-the Luftwaffe one-looks interesting. What is it made of? The symbol on it is, of course, for Jagdgeschwader 53. They called themselves the "Pik As" (Ace of Spades) Geschwader. They were one of the oldest fighter wings in the Luftwaffe, being formed in 1937. Does the ring have any markings inside it? It would be interesting to see some nice close ups of the top, 2 sides and the inside, if possible, but, so far, I'm not seeing anything jumping out that's wrong about it!
    The Petsamo ring is also quite nice. Personally, I would consider cleaning it up, but that is up to you, naturally. Some collectors will scream in horror at such things being cleaned!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Some much better skull rings and one of a different style

A nice collection of rings!

I must get my rings in one place for some photographs soon...

The skull in #6 is known as "the Gorilla Head" for obvious reasons. They were unusually large skulls and quite impressive to wear!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Wargriff,
    The Luftwaffe stamped ring might be silver but it has no hallmarks or stamping inside. It is heavy and solid. most of the other rings are hollow or not silver. I have many more but it is too late to put them up tonight. I will try to get better shots of that ring to review. These are hard to shoot and get the detail to show.

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    A nice collection of rings!
    I must get my rings in one place for some photographs soon...
    I will take mine out of my nose and show it if my wife will let me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast