Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SA Ring: Original or fake?

Article about: On second thought (2nd cup of coffee this morning), Roehm's SA didn't award Honor Rings like Himmler's SS, so this couldn't possibly be what it purports to be... cheers, Glenn

On second thought (2nd cup of coffee this morning), Roehm's SA didn't award Honor Rings like Himmler's SS, so this couldn't possibly be what it purports to be...
    cheers, Glenn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Ring: Original or fake?
    P
    Many

A total fantasy item the runes are nonsensical!...

I am not a seller of Antiques !
    I sell and buy Swiss watches and jewelry !
    But as the market for jewelry and Antiques are very close to each other, I occasionally come across such things !
    I will say again I am not trying to sell ring through this forum !
    And besides, I am staying in Moscow !
    I have my sources of understanding of the originality of this thing !
    I am more interested in the cost of this ring, because I found no mention in the catalogs and the Internet, only here in the forum !!!
    It was an ad from 2009, but the seller does not communicate (guest).
    The inscription says : CONGRESS STORMTROOPERS 1923 - 1933
    4 hallmarks on the inner side of the ring next to the logo, CA
    In the center of the inner part signature ROEHM as on the premium Dirks.
    If I was the broker of the junk on the Russian market is already filled with would analogues of the rings !!!
    But if You look through the branches of the Internet not only in Russia but in the WORLD !!!
    You will not see ads about selling similar rings !!!

Thank you to all responded !
    I think that tomorrow I will make a good photos !!!

PS

Sorry for English !
    The translation was carried out using ALTAVISTA translator ! ))

?

Quote by Mooz911 View Post
    I am not a seller of Antiques !
    I sell and buy Swiss watches and jewelry !
    But as the market for jewelry and Antiques are very close to each other, I occasionally come across such things !
    I will say again I am not trying to sell ring through this forum !
    And besides, I am staying in Moscow !
    I have my sources of understanding of the originality of this thing !
    I am more interested in the cost of this ring, because I found no mention in the catalogs and the Internet, only here in the forum !!!
    It was an ad from 2009, but the seller does not communicate (guest).
    The inscription says : CONGRESS STORMTROOPERS 1923 - 1933
    4 hallmarks on the inner side of the ring next to the logo, CA
    In the center of the inner part signature ROEHM as on the premium Dirks.
    If I was the broker of the junk on the Russian market is already filled with would analogues of the rings !!!
    But if You look through the branches of the Internet not only in Russia but in the WORLD !!!
    You will not see ads about selling similar rings !!!

Thank you to all responded !
    I think that tomorrow I will make a good photos !!!

PS

Sorry for English !
    The translation was carried out using ALTAVISTA translator ! ))

Sorry for the now clear words.
    No serious ringcollector (german rings wwII) would give any money for this one. This ring is trash and worth the material it is made from.
    Sorry!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

?

I think there was a malfunction on the translator machine as it put all those exclamation marks on the wording?!

Looking forward to the photos Mooz

In this day and age..."Hallmarkings" do not mean much at all..with many rings. A jeweler can perform any type of task when applying a hallmark or inscription..they in themselves are artisans..and aging an inscription is no hard task for them to complete.

Nothing has surfaced as far as SA honor rings..which im sure there would of been just as many of them..with the SA being the large entity they were....and the SS not far behind..which has produced rings being found in collections today. Sadly SS rings are a dime a dozen as the are faked incredibly well.

Show closeups of the hallmarks within your ring you posted..and hopefully it can be matched to what was stamped in the past. The past has its own signature..and can not be copied exactly. The only hope you have are the hallmarks..on the ring...other than that..it may be a tough sell. Bring more photos. Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Looking forward to the photos Mooz

In this day and age..."Hallmarkings" do not mean much at all..with many rings. A jeweler can perform any type of task when applying a hallmark or inscription..they in themselves are artisans..and aging an inscription is no hard task for them to complete.

Nothing has surfaced as far as SA honor rings..which im sure there would of been just as many of them..with the SA being the large entity they were....and the SS not far behind..which has produced rings being found in collections today. Sadly SS rings are a dime a dozen as the are faked incredibly well.

Show closeups of the hallmarks within your ring you posted..and hopefully it can be matched to what was stamped in the past. The past has its own signature..and can not be copied exactly. The only hope you have are the hallmarks..on the ring...other than that..it may be a tough sell. Bring more photos. Best Regards Larry
    There are some sure official awarded rings in the period. Examples are the ss-skull, the HJ-Leader, the Saardank...and a few others. And there are some "inofficial" awarded unit rings with award-documents. Examples in this case Gebirgsjäger Div. 1, Geschwader Boelke, Batterie "Todt" ... and again a few of other rings with sure evidence.
    But no SA-one!!!!
    SA ones are known only as private purchase, but not and never this pattern.

Sorry my bad english
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote by odal View Post
    There are some sure official awarded rings in the period. Examples are the ss-skull, the HJ-Leader, the Saardank...and a few others. And there are some "inofficial" awarded unit rings with award-documents.
    I agree Odal.......
    A total loss of identity...are those Third Reich items....such as rings ,,knives,, medals uniforms etc......which a great amount indirectly played key roles in Germanys history. Those unrelated party items..which seem now to surface...is under a judge and jury..because we do not have enough evidence of its existence. This ring could be one of them...cant prove it though..and then the door shuts behind it leaving it to exist under a false identity...Real or fake ?

The hobbyist / collector..has only scratched the surface..in the History of the Third Reich. Many conclusions like science are found under "theory " ....and the more solid proof is what documentation survived the war..and the Veterans of all countries who fought this World War.
    These artifacts..deserve to share in the same light in collections..as the well known artifacts...but again can not be allowed to enter..of possibly being under another identity. So they end up at a Flea market somewhere...possibly worth thousands...and reality lets them live as beggars...for $40.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Well said Larry!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2