Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Several Rings - Need Opinions Please...

Article about: I picked up these rings in a collection I recently purchased from another collector. What do you guys think about these? I have nothing at all to compare them to, so I need some help identif

?

Default Several Rings - Need Opinions Please...

I picked up these rings in a collection I recently purchased from another collector. What do you guys think about these? I have nothing at all to compare them to, so I need some help identifying them, as well as opinions on whether or not they're good. They're all marked on the inside rim (see photos) except the Police ring.

Thanks!
    Dzyner

Several Rings - Need Opinions Please...Several Rings - Need Opinions Please...Several Rings - Need Opinions Please...Several Rings - Need Opinions Please...Several Rings - Need Opinions Please...Several Rings - Need Opinions Please...Several Rings - Need Opinions Please...Several Rings - Need Opinions Please...Several Rings - Need Opinions Please...Several Rings - Need Opinions Please...Several Rings - Need Opinions Please...Several Rings - Need Opinions Please...Several Rings - Need Opinions Please...Several Rings - Need Opinions Please...Several Rings - Need Opinions Please...Several Rings - Need Opinions Please...Several Rings - Need Opinions Please...Several Rings - Need Opinions Please...Several Rings - Need Opinions Please...Several Rings - Need Opinions Please...Several Rings - Need Opinions Please...Several Rings - Need Opinions Please...Several Rings - Need Opinions Please...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Several Rings - Need Opinions Please...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Several Rings - Need Opinions Please...

They are well done, but I think they are all 'fantasy' rings, except possibly
    the Imperial ones, but seeing as they all came together I'd include them
    all in the 'fake' category - There is no 'natural wear' to them.

There are tons of these coming out of Central Europe lately.
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Hi Walkwolf, thanks for the reply.

Is there any way to tell more definitively whether or not these are good? I don't like holding onto fakes, and if they are fake beyond a doubt I throw them in the garbage so they don't accidentally mix in with my good collection. Do you maybe have examples of the Central European fakes so we can compare mine to those? I'd hate to throw away authentic pieces

Hi Darren, an easy rule of thumb: any ring with RZM markings is a fantasy, so the NSDAP and HJ ring can instantly be dismissed without any discussion.

I must say I don't like any of the others too. The workmanship is generally poor and I have seen a lot of these out of Eastern Europe.

The Luftwaffe rank design did exist historically but I cannot remember now if it followed this exact style?

The only one I kind of like is the Imperial colours/EK design, but that is more from a design point of view than originality.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Alll the Third reich ones are modern ones which can be bought at most militaria fairs
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by dzyner View Post
    Hi Walkwolf, thanks for the reply.

Is there any way to tell more definitively whether or not these are good? I don't like holding onto fakes, and if they are fake beyond a doubt I throw them in the garbage so they don't accidentally mix in with my good collection. Do you maybe have examples of the Central European fakes so we can compare mine to those? I'd hate to throw away authentic pieces
    Check E-bay, there are many fakes for sale claiming to be WWII era.........

I wouldn't 'toss' any of them, but keep them all for study.
    Or you can always resell them as repros. There are
    people who collect them to wear or as a curiosity.
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Good point Walkwolf, I should hold onto them for future reference, or sell at some point. Perhaps one day I'll make a fortune from all the fakes I acquire over the years

I'm purely curious, but if someone out there has one of the same rings that I have (one that contains white paint) can you please run it under a black light and let me know whether or not the white glows? I've read that even white paint (assuming the white of these rings is indeed paint) that is post war period glows. I ran these under the black light and none of them glowed. Doesn't mean they are authentic, but I am curious to hear what others find.

1,2 and 3 are 100% fakes from Latvia or Estonia.

I see that at least one is marked 900 for solid silver. If at least that part is not fake melt 'em down.
    Silver is at $35.90 US or there abouts or make a silver bullet out of them and kill the next fake werewolf.

Best of luck,
    Rudy