Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Skull ring find

Article about: Hi guys, Last week my grandfather moved out of his old house, at the clean up of a lot of closets, we did find several items that my grandfather found in his childhood, one of these is this

Default Skull ring find

Hi guys,

Last week my grandfather moved out of his old house, at the clean up of a lot of closets, we did find several items that my grandfather found in his childhood, one of these is this silver skull ring.
    The ring looks like it's been well worn and in the ring stands 3 stamps: 800, KH (i think) and the other stamp i can't read but there's a hexagonal with something in the middle.

Can somebody tell me what we just found? I'am realy not well know in german rings.

Cheers!Skull ring findSkull ring findSkull ring findSkull ring find

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Skull ring find
    P
    Many

Not sure it is German!
    First thing would be to identify the makers mark.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

2 pieces - skull hollow?

From the style typical early skull-ring.
    From the hallmarking i would say it comes from austria. The hexagon looks like the typical official Austrian "tukan"-mark that stands for 800 fineness of the silver. Used post 1922.
    If you can read this mark better there should be in the middle a tukan-bird, left side a letter and right side the numer 4 (all inside this little hexagon).

In my opinion nice ring
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I like it also. Certainly genuine and of the wartime era but nothing definitely points to any one person wearing it. It could be any number of military branches or even worn by a civilian. Either way, it looks fine. Not worth a fortune, but definitely a decent ring with some good value. Maybe in the $75-100 range?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Very nice ring!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!