Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Skull ring opinions please

Article about: Take a look Is this a real one, If so what should one pay for it? Thank You again O Lord of Rings!

Default Skull ring opinions please

Take a look

Is this a real one, If so what should one pay for it?Skull ring opinions pleaseSkull ring opinions pleaseSkull ring opinions pleaseSkull ring opinions pleaseSkull ring opinions pleaseSkull ring opinions pleaseSkull ring opinions pleaseSkull ring opinions pleaseSkull ring opinions please

Thank You again O Lord of Rings!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Skull ring opinions please
    P
    Many

Personally i think the details lack clarity...it looks like a poorly cast fake to me

I'm not liking much the "snot dribbles" under the nose. What are they and what are they Supposed to be for? Not only is it cast, as said above, but it is obviously Broken and in 2 places. Even if it were authentic-and I don't believe that it is-it is almost worthless from the double breaks. It is a silver Plated ring and in an almost destroyed condition-likely to make it Look more older than what it is. I would definitely pass on it. Solid silver genuine skull rings are not all that difficult to come by or find, if a person is looking for a decent one.
    (Not really understanding too why the word "Double" is in English either on a supposed German ring)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks again you guys the CONSUMER REPORTS of Nazi rings!!!!!!

CBH
    ?

Just a thought , but were so called Canteen rings split on the band so there was no need of sizing ?

Cheers

?

In my opinion this could be a good one.
    Very common period pattern.
    Westwall and without this inscription.
    Usually brass with silver plating.
    The flaws nose/teeth could be from a heavy used die. From the detail of the pebbling on the shoulders i think
    the ring is not cast.
    What i have till now not seen on this pattern is the marking "SILBER DOUBLE" - this describes the kind of plating.

Pics of the backsite of the skull could maybe help.

Here for comparing a westwall-example:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Skull ring opinions please  

?

Hmmm It looks like it has been in a fire of some kind.Hence the fracture and discolouration

Odal, the reason I am thinking that this ring is cast, is from the strange "chip" on the shank seen by the edge of the split. I have never seen stamped silver split and flake fracture in this manner before. That and the almost ubiquitously seen "cut" in the shank that always seem to show a flat cast ring that has been rounded out but not soldered. I cannot imagine how a man could wear an unsoldered ring daily in the field and not be constantly being pinched by it. But, so many of the modern day cast rings that are seen exhibit this unsoldered sizing split. But, in either case, the condition of this ring would definitely exclude it from my collection.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Surely though, the fact that the back of the band is split should not condemn it. Looking at all the rings that Maxim has unearthed and many had split bands! So I would think it was common at that time for a guy to sport one unsoldered, right?

Does this shot help?Skull ring opinions please

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast