Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Skull ring opinions please

Article about: Take a look Is this a real one, If so what should one pay for it? Thank You again O Lord of Rings!

You are welcome!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Skull ring opinions please
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I wouldn't be trying to repair a relic ring at ALL, it loses it's history IMO.

[/ATTACH]
    Exact my opinion too.

Quote by rod halliday View Post
    So then soldering ANY original ring would not necessarily hurt its value?
    If the ring is badly damaged to destruction, why would it matter? You end up with a cool ring that can be used if you want. But, "any original ring"? I would not suggest touching an authentic Undamaged piece. Then you truly Would be altering it and destroying it's potential value. As for Polishing? Some say yes and some say never. It's a personal preference, I guess.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

That's kind of what I thought. I don't like the idea of customizing an old classic car either.

Again, I thank you all for your expertise!

Rod

?

Thumbs up from me Rod, I have the exact same pattern and one very similar.. Good old known pattern, canteen orientation generally brass with silver wash, die struck as always,

As Odal said some have 'West-Wall' on the forehead.. And again as Odal said.. That runny nose is most likely a worn out die, it has retained some important features to telling a good vs bad, and I see the good features when compared to mine and the archive.

All the best.

Here is my original ring but without any casting artifacts
    Skull ring opinions pleaseSkull ring opinions pleaseSkull ring opinions pleaseSkull ring opinions please

Nice +clean a real; beauty

If it does not talk to you immediately, one is better walking away in lieu of trying to convince oneself. I presonally do not think it holds up to period quality. Just because it has a skull does not automatically make it 3rd Reich.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Yea Bob that's why I like to let you fellas take a look, This Forum has saved me several thousand dollars easily!

Now do you mean triggerself's ring or the I posted for inspection?

ROD

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    As for Polishing? Some say yes and some say never. It's a personal preference, I guess.
    Indeed. I am in the 'polish' camp, I just can't help myself when it comes to a piece that can be returned to its former beauty. If a piece is rusty and/or corroded then so be it but simple tarnish can be gently removed and if desired, handled by a sweaty paw and the tarnish quickly returns.

Skull ring opinions please

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast