Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Ehrenring

Article about: Hi Guys, I though that I would share this one with you as it is new to the market and unseen by collectors until now. It was the war trophy of a member of the British Intelligence Corps who

I think at times we can forget these things were made by people and mistakes were made.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Ehrenring
    P
    Many

Hi Ade,

That is a cracking ring. Nice to see it, rather than all of the junk we've been seeing in this forum recently.

Does it belong to you now? (The Ehrenring, not the junk )

Cheers,

Stephen

Not mine sadly.

It will be sold on Nov 22nd at Hansons Auctioneers where I work.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Up for sale this morning!

How did it go Ade?..

It sold for £1,850 to a forum member.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    It sold for £1,850 to a forum member.

Cheers, Ade.
    Wow! That seems like a real bargain to me. I was under the impression that Ehrenringe went for a lot more than that. I was offered an Ehrenring with full providence a few years ago. The asking price was £8000. That’s a lot of beer!

Cheers,

Stephen

Opps! Sorry I mis typed the price!

It was £3,850.......

As a collector of over 40 years and an owner of a 1938 Ehrenring for anyone to seriously imagine that Gahr and the SS would have allowed such a high award to be presented with the skull affixed incorrectly is either seriously deluded or doesn't know or understand how this could and would have never have happened. Even HJ knives with the most minor defects were deemed unacceptable by RZM so the idea that this would be passed without comment and presented by the SS is fanciful to say the least! Albeit the ring looks ok, I have doubts about the engraving/dedication and if a genuine example the skull may have been removed for sizing post 1945 by a less than knowledgeable jeweller which would explain the skull and the resulting flaw.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast