Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SS-Ehrenring - Genuine or Fake?

Article about: Hello everyone, My father-in-law recently gave me some photos of an SS ring. He says that he received it (for free) from a villager in the coast of Black Sea years ago, who said that he got

?

Default SS-Ehrenring - Genuine or Fake?

Hello everyone,

My father-in-law recently gave me some photos of an SS ring. He says that he received it (for free) from a villager in the coast of Black Sea years ago, who said that he got it from a dead soldier. He was not sure if it was real or not, so he held it in a drawer for years. I am not an expert but the font inside the ring and the date looks different from the authentic rings I saw on the internet, so I wanted to ask you about it.
    SS-Ehrenring - Genuine or Fake?SS-Ehrenring - Genuine or Fake?SS-Ehrenring - Genuine or Fake?SS-Ehrenring - Genuine or Fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Ehrenring - Genuine or Fake?
    P
    Many

Doesn't have the crispness of the real thing to me. Overall finish looks too rough and ready. Remember the originals were crafted to a high standard.

On original examples skull was made separately and it has been attached and soldered with the rest of the ring. As far as I can see that is not the case here. This is a fake SS ehrenring IMO.

Best regards,
    Franko

As I already said on the AHF: A one-looker fake.

Horrible fake, sorry.