Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS-Ehrenring ID?

Article about: it is marked 925 for silver

Default SS-Ehrenring ID?

Pics states more then words, PLease help ID the recipient and possible value. ZIlchka is the name.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Ehrenring  ID?   SS-Ehrenring  ID?  

SS-Ehrenring  ID?   SS-Ehrenring  ID?  

SS-Ehrenring  ID?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Ehrenring  ID?
    P
    Many

This ring is another repro..and this thread moved to the Ring forum. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Do not be too dismayed, the 1960's and 1970's were chock full of companies turning out hundreds of good and bad copies for a hungry population of "casual collectors".
    This is now so many decades ago that the truth takes a back seat to stories as these copies now take on a well worn appearance. If a third of your inheritance turns out to be good, consider yourself fortunate in this minefield of a hobby.

Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Could you please download the photos before the link becomes dead??...and post them in the correct forum.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I must disagree with Danmark's comment regarding the 1960's. At that time, there were reproductions but they were few in nature. The fakes took off in the 1970's as collecting interest increased. Prior to that, there was not enough interest or a market for producing fakes.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

True that. The 70's were the true 1st explosion of fake junk. Suddenly, it was Everywhere-good looking stuff, total fantasy rubbish-a little bit of everything. But, as bad as it was, it is still nothing even close to the literal Tidal Wave Flood of garbage today coming out of Eastern Europe, China, India and who knows where all else. I rather believe that in some small countries, making fake "Nazi Stuff" is like a cottage industry. Like one guy from Latvia said to me once "It's like a Virus-it's Everywhere now!"
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I must disagree with Danmark's comment regarding the 1960's. At that time, there were reproductions but they were few in nature. The fakes took off in the 1970's as collecting interest increased. Prior to that, there was not enough interest or a market for producing fakes.
    Thanks for correcting my comments Bob.
    The decades of my past are starting to blur together for me.

The legacy of a misspent youth.
    Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Hello gents
    Actually for a copy it shows nice outward details I wonder who made it and when.

Eric

Indeed, if it's a copy, it is a much better example
    than anything out there today.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I have to disagree. Distorted swastika rune that's 'melting' into the rune surround, "engraving" if you can call it that, is clumsy and resembles no genuine ring out there. The skull is not a 40's design type, as it would be as the ring is dated 1942. Neither is it a 30's design, but a fantasy one imo, and is clearly cast into the ring if you look closely. The eyes appear to be 'squinting' if you examine them, and the huge dink in the top of the skull does it no favours as the rest of the ring shows little sign of wear compared to many. It doesn't even appear to be silver. A one looker piece of junk in my eyes, but let's here from others in the know.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast