Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Honor Ring>>>

Article about: Hello all: I am new to the forum, and am an avid history collector. I would like to know if you would be able to tell me if this ring is a fake or original ? Thank you all !

Default SS Honor Ring>>>

Hello all:

I am new to the forum, and am an avid history collector. I would like to know if you would be able to tell me if this ring is a fake or original ?

Thank you all !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Honor Ring>>>  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Honor Ring>>>
    P
    Many

Hideous cast fake , HR should be die struck with hand engraving and seam at rear of skull with a separately attached skull This one is 100% cast as you can see cast lines in skull and casted text , Run away from this one my friend , welcome to the forum ! Genuine honor rings are worth thousands of dollars also , remember 99% of German rings are fake/fantasy ,

MAP
    ?

My favorite king and my wife's favorite chocolate......

Can not echo Australia's comment more. I don't even collect these but this is a 1 mile away fake.

Use the forum search function to find known original examples and you will quickly see the difference. That said, never buy a ring like this without solid vetting. Even thought this is a one looker fake, there are very high end fakes as well. You did well by asking before you buy. Just saved a boat load of money.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Its a real ring. It just not from the 3reich. Sorry

Just one of the many many thousands of Honor Ring fakes made over the decades. Some are Extremely fine replicas and are difficult for even long time experts to tell definitively. This, however, is not one of them, but one of the endless mass produced poor slugs. Sorry King...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you all for your insight on this matter ! I means alot to have people who know what they are doing, assist me in this.

A bit late to this thread, but worth adding is the fact that the bestowal date of 08.10. (8th October) is completely bogus and was never used during the 11 years that the Ehrenring was in existence. It's surprising that nobody here ever seems to notice the literal "writing on the wall" so to speak as it's easily the biggest and most obvious "tell".

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    A bit late to this thread, but worth adding is the fact that the bestowal date of 08.10. (8th October) is completely bogus and was never used during the 11 years that the Ehrenring was in existence. It's surprising that nobody here ever seems to notice the literal "writing on the wall" so to speak as it's easily the biggest and most obvious "tell".

Regards, Ned.
    "I was wondering who'd be the first to spot that"!......

Default Two of mine

One is a '44 and the other is a '37. Both have been papered by Don Boyle. The '44 is one of the nicest seen and the '37 has seen wear, abeit not too heavy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Honor Ring>>>   SS Honor Ring>>>  

MAP
    ?

Quote by kingtiger View Post
    One is a '44 and the other is a '37. Both have been papered by Don Boyle. The '44 is one of the nicest seen and the '37 has seen wear, abeit not too heavy.
    I think these deserve their own thread with more photos
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast