Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Honor Ring Authentic?

Article about: Hi, I just received a SS Honor Ring as a gift. I don't know much about the ring. I was told it was authentic. I am not interested in selling the piece. I am going to keep it and pass it down

I saw many copy and some original SSHR rings
    Because I will not be definitive until I see good shots )))

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Honor Ring Authentic?
    P
    Many

imo a fake.

may be u right
    but let's see a good photo
    ok ? ;-)

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Sorry John, but the SS rings were Only made in Silver. Himmler did not like Gold and felt that Silver was the "pure metal" for the SS. Gold, for some inexplicable reason by him, was regarded as a "Jewish metal". And, no -no Honor Ring awardee would have been allowed by Himmler to have one made by a jeweler in Gold. Otto Gahr made the Honor Rings and he did not make any pieces in Gold. It simply would not have been allowed. To my knowledge, there has Never been a Gold Honor Ring and this has been discussed and wondered about for Many decades. The quality and detailing of Gahr's work is unmistakable. The ring shown here is Very oddly thick-far thicker than the Honor Rings were. If it were Silver, the tarnish would be Black over time, and this one is more to the light brown-almost suggesting an artificial aging as seen on many of the rings coming out of Eastern Europe of late. This ring is definitely not an Otto Gahr firm manufactured ring. The quality is simply just not there.
    Hello John and welcome to the forum!
    I would suggest that William's assessment is about the most accurate one you will receive. If you doubt any of what has been posted here for your information, you can contact a fellow by the name of Don Boyle, member "honorringman" as he is known to be one of the foremost authority's on SS honor rings. Here is his profile page, you can send him a PM.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/member.php?u=29376
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks so much for all of the help. I will take many photos tonight and post more in about 6-7 hours. From all of the feedback, I am fairly certain it is not authentic. But I am still crossing my fingers for a positive outcome. Thanks for providing me with the profile for Mr. Boyle. I will contact him soon. Sincerely, John

Default More Photos

I have attached more photos. I hope these will help. I appreciate all of the help.
    SS Honor Ring Authentic?
    SS Honor Ring Authentic?
    SS Honor Ring Authentic?
    SS Honor Ring Authentic?

Quote by Evgeniy View Post
    On my opinion ring have chances - it can be original
    Plz show clear shots
    may be u right
    but let's see a good photo
    ok ? ;-)
    I saw many copy and some original SSHR rings
    Because I will not be definitive until I see good shots )))
    .....Well "Some really good shots"... can be found within this ring forum through many threads. Post your thoughts on why you think its authentic..this is a discussion forum..and would welcome any input...we have the "Shots"...but would like to hear what you may know or could add to this thread. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry, Evgeniy has been the only individual who has provided some "optimistic perspective" pertaining to the authenticity. The others forum users have objected to the authenticity of the ring. That is perfectly okay. The reason I posted the thread is to gain an accurate perspective, despite whether the outcome is in my favor (authentic) or not (fake). The story behind the ring is that my grandfather, US Army Major, brought the ring back from Germany following his tour of duty. That is really all I know about the story. I recently received it as a gift. If it is fake, does anyone know where it originated? Thanks again, John.

Thanks John ..just keeping check that the thread does not go sour but necessary documentive support as was with Wagriffs post..which was in great detail. I encourage the same with Mr Evg. Too many times on too many threads..,,we here from new unheard of members posting for the first time in 3 yrs..its junk..its no good etc..Ok then..why is it fake or what are your reserved thoughts upon it. Thats my basis of thread support and job as Moderator,, Nothing more..just trying to keep the thread moving so it doesnt die with one or 2 word empty posts..which we horribly have alot of here..from some of our older members. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

In 30 years I have never seen a gold SS honor ring. Silver was the material used by Gahr only as William stated. This more weathered antique example you are showing looks similar to the replicas being shown at the www.1944Shop.com but is different for sure. Thickness and detail is off as well. In my opinion a post war fake. We stayed away from these on purpose as they are highly faked. That is my weigh in for what it is worth. Welcome to the forum. Wish we had better news for you on the ring.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast