Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'.

Article about: eBay is NOT the place to go for this sort of thing. come on now. Latest developments: 1. CG got in touch with me after seeing my new photos and he now seems very interested. 2. There's a guy

?

Default SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'.

Anyone want to take a stab at this one?

An SS Honour Ring for sale from a new member with no posts.

Can we establish authenticity and then can we establish if the member actually owns the piece?

If these are made from silver, why do we see what appears to be yellow colour under the silver surface in one of the pics? The inside of the ring also has an unusual amount of scratches too. This area would be reasonably scratch free don't you think?

SS Honour Ring for sale.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'.  SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'.  SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'.  SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'.  SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'. 
    Last edited by Adrian; 10-11-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'.
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Honour Ring for sale in the classifieds.

Its not a scam. Thank you. I marked the item as "sold" to remove the listing. I think its best I have Don Boyle look at this first before I screw myself. And yeah, I'm a new member, so what. I've been a collector for 30 years and now I have some item I'd like to sell and thought this would be a good place. That so wrong?

The photos were taken with an iPhone4s yesterday afternoon outside with overcast sky and came out a little blue so a did a color correction. The ring was acquired from my friends Grandfather who was a WWII vet. So there goes your Poland theory out the window.

He's not having a go at you, just sometimes its good to be curious of new people posting stuff without getting to know them

vets tend to have fakes too - everybody gets fooled.

?

Quote by mclenrd View Post
    Its not a scam. Thank you. I marked the item as "sold" to remove the listing. I think its best I have Don Boyle look at this first before I screw myself. And yeah, I'm a new member, so what. I've been a collector for 30 years and now I have some item I'd like to sell and thought this would be a good place. That so wrong?

The photos were taken with an iPhone4s yesterday afternoon outside with overcast sky and came out a little blue so a did a color correction. The ring was acquired from my friends Grandfather who was a WWII vet. So there goes you Poland theory out the window.
    Don Boyle is a member here so hopefully he can comment on the thread.

If you think my comments maybe out of line I will retract them if the ring proves to be original.

However I suggest you contemplate the fact that a new member (yourself) with no forum history here turns up and offeres a high end and highly faked item for sale with nothing to prove it's original, no provenance, no COA from a noted authority and asks 4.5K for it.

Would you send that amount of money to a stranger in another country for an item that may not be the real deal?

Would you buy it based on the above?

It is the job of the forum staff and the members here to protect each other from being scammed, therefore when a situation that sets red flags waving arises it is only fair to alert the members here and post the item for discussion.

And snippy attitudes belong on the WAF.

I've contacted Don via his email. I do feel the comments were a little unwelcoming but totally understandable.

and please... if anybody else has anything constructive to add concerning this ring, by all means.

I find this ring interesting. Taking onboard what Adrian has said, there are several points that look pretty good, the engraving appears to have potential for a start. What is really needed here is straight on macro shots of each rune panel similar to the one of the skull at the top of the post, and better shots of the entire inscription.

I wouldn't condone it with the pic's available so far, but neither would I condemn it out of hand. It has 'posibilities' I believe.

Regards, Ned.

Edit: Crikey! there we're no posts when I started writing this and now........
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Unfortunately such is the nature of the internet. If for example, you had posted the ring for discussion prior to jumping strainght in with a sales thread and taken a little time to introduce yourself seeing as though you wanted to offer a high end and expensive item for sale, suspicious minds (including my own) would have been laid to rest.

Experience has taught many here to be wary of the above situation. Any new member with honourable intentions is more than welcome but sadly some new members don't have those.

I would also like to clarify my questions in post #1. I have no idea on the authenticity of this piece and my points should not be taken as condemnation but my first look at the item raised these questions which I hope will be answered by those who know more about these rings.

Agreed Adrian and noted. I'm a little excited with the ring. My apologies. And thanks Ned. I agree the photo aren't great. Its an iPhone4s camera, so its hard to get in there and be steady. I'll try.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast