MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'.

Article about: eBay is NOT the place to go for this sort of thing. come on now. Latest developments: 1. CG got in touch with me after seeing my new photos and he now seems very interested. 2. There's a guy

Default Re: SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'.

He said "the engraving on the inside is not good and there a lot of pitting on the outside" thats all he said.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'.
    P
    Many

As I said in my post #39, I did not have good feelings on this ring, and Don Boyle's condemnation confirms the misgivings I had about it. I said earlier, I believe that the fakers have now tweaked and tuned their rings to near perfection. Right now, there are rings out there in collections that are certainly fake, although having been approved by knowledgeable experts. There are now medals and badges as well that are nearing undetectability. With the prices that some of these pieces are now bringing, it's a truly unsettling time to be a collector. An unending "us against them" game that eventually we may well end up losing.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I can't see any reason why the person I bought the ring from would have a copy of this. Crazy. I've already contacted CG to see what he says.

How well do you know this person/friend.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

To put it nicely, CG is a twit and I Really would not suggest putting too much credence into anything he might have to say. Surf around on this whole forum and see what others have to say and think about him and his business...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Matt, can you take one more shot please? Can you stand the ring up and take a pic of the edge, take the shot through the hole so we can see the thickness of the metal?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Seeing as CG finds DB's certifications to be 'increasingly meaningless' he may well decide it's genuine and still want to buy it?

The downside to this is that it will be in his shopfront in 30 minutes at three times the price with a CG COA and another quality fake will be in the market.

?

Matt
    As I said on WAF good luck with the research and I hope you can return the ring..Bad casting in other words...Fake.. A dealer made copy is that enough? and a bad one at that.

'Jerky' Eric

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    Matt
    As I said on WAF good luck with the research and I hope you can return the ring..Bad casting in other words...Fake.. A dealer made copy is that enough? and a bad one at that.

'Jerky' Eric
    thanks for rubbing my nose in it...

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Matt, can you take one more shot please? Can you stand the ring up and take a pic of the edge, take the shot through the hole so we can see the thickness of the metal?
    as soon as i get the ring back. DB has it and now i'm stuck paying for a COA I cannot afford but it looks like I won't be eating this week. Its bullshit to make someone pay 250 plus 40 for a ring they claim is worth 150. Its wrong. looks like i wont be eating this week. seriously. I just don't see how this can possibly be a fake. Its not adding up. Why would anyone not interested in militaria have such a fine copy of this ring?

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast