Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'.

Article about: eBay is NOT the place to go for this sort of thing. come on now. Latest developments: 1. CG got in touch with me after seeing my new photos and he now seems very interested. 2. There's a guy

?

Default Re: SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'.

my ring was a copy that had perfect nose holes, the skull was put on seperate

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'.
    P
    Many

This has been quite a learning experience. I hope others are benefiting as well from some of this. I'm also learning that DB and CG really don't care for each other. CG has welcomed my request for a second look. I mentioned to CG, DB's opinion (exactly how I described it here on post #91) and CG comment was, "Don is known for this nowadays, so I'm not surprised."

This time I believe CG will do a metallurgy test. I told the original owner of the ring that an expert thinks its fake and they were surprised and confused with the news. If its really a fake, then its fooling a lot of people.

?

Quote by mclenrd View Post
    thanks for rubbing my nose in it...
    Matt
    I am sorry your ring does not appear to be original but think of it this way you have afforded a service to the collecting community to be more aware in the future. We are all brothers, its us against the fakers and many SS collectors who are not forum members took time out to comment on this piece via emails. All thought I am sure to further mark or add to their already collecting knowledge and in the interim help out a fellow collector. It hurts chum you are not alone believe me. Good luck Bruins, big fan lived nr Boston for close on 6yrs.
    Regards
    Eric

Well, good fakes are priced in Europe 300 and more euros. We all have to say that this ring is not a common fake. And that it is pretty well done. So well that some experts say it is a real thing... So maybe it is.

matt we all get caught sometimes,its the nature of things.there's a whole industry out there trying to take your money, and has been seriously at it since the 60s.

?

Where did the thread from WAF go?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Deleted by a Mod there as a potential sales pitch.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

That probably sums up why I no longer post on WAF.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Deleted by a Mod there as a potential sales pitch.

Cheers, Ade.
    Oh?? Is that what you were told?? It was probably removed by the man who also happens to be an administrator on WAF and agreed to buy the ring pending the COA... the man also thought the ring was real enough to offer 4000 and even go as far as saying he was buying it on another thread on WAF. My thread about the ring was deleted without a single word to me about it being a sales pitch. Crazy. I was going to post the same news I got, on there, only to find it gone. I won't post there anymore.

Sounds like the guy wanted to remove any potential for competition for your ring. Quite a corrupt little hierarchy over on that forum it seems.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast