MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'.

Article about: eBay is NOT the place to go for this sort of thing. come on now. Latest developments: 1. CG got in touch with me after seeing my new photos and he now seems very interested. 2. There's a guy

Default Re: SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'.

Quote by mclenrd View Post
    The original rings I've seen during my comparison research have similar scratches... here is one on CGs site with a DB COA.... that DB misidentifies.
    http://www.craiggottlieb.com/engine/...rman+Militaria

Attachment 411904

The other convincing element to me with my ring is the seam behind the head. I have yet to seen this on any copies.
    Attachment 411905

Before all this, I contacted my old, long time friend Bill Shea (The Ruptured Duck) here in Massachusetts and he also commented on the seam... he thought it looked good too and he gave me DB's contact info. I need to take better photos. My iPhone4s isn't doing it justice.
    That's the same link I posted several pages back.

This is all by the by now, as it appears that the ring has been sold to a collector who already owns 3 originals and is a moderator on WAF, is that correct? Surely he knows an original when he sees one, and perhaps that is why the thread you posted on the forum that HE moderates was s*** canned so that he alone could benefit by acquiring the ring from you at a pretty good price without anyone else getting in his way?

Or maybe not. I would appreciate a candid reply if that's alright with you Matt.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'.
    P
    Many

Almost all of the fakes now have the seam behind the skull. The fakers are now well aware of this crucial point. As for the Mod on the other site buying this ring, it only makes my point all the more solid-that even Experts can no longer tell authenticity on these latest pre-aged rings. And, despite what Adrian here said, I'll repeat-No One is unquestionable.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I really don't want to beat this into the ground and I have a feel its beginning to "bore" some folks. Nonetheless, all these developments are interesting. I'm only happy to share my findings/experience. I'll post DB's "COfakeA" after I get CG's 2nd opinion (which I'll share here as well).

@ Ned, I'm nothing but candid. So much so, it gets me into trouble at times but I digress. Your understanding is correct and that would seem like that is the case.

@Wagriff... Agreed! No one is unquestionable. I'm considered an expert on all things Pink Floyd the world over. I do not consider myself (i tend to be very modest) as such but others do, therefor I must be. There have been times when I've been wrong, of course. Nobody is perfect and I never forget that.

"@ Ned, I'm nothing but candid. So much so, it gets me into trouble at times but I digress. Your understanding is correct and that would seem like that is the case."

Thankyou. Yet another example of malfeasance being commited by a member of the WAF regulators, and not for the first time as I'm sure some other members here already know.

I don't know how these people can live in their own skin sometimes.

Perhaps it's better to draw a line under this discussion as there is not much more worth adding to it under these circumstances IMO.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

this happens a lot?

Quote by mclenrd View Post
    this happens a lot?
    It has happened before. Without going into detail, a senior regulator there got an RK that was perfectly good to be derided as a fake by some of his 'disciples'. He then purchased it at a knockdown price. This actually happened. I'm done here.

Quote by big ned View Post
    I'm done here.
    Thanks for your insight Ned.

got the ring back now... here's the shot of the thickness of the ring Adrian asked for, for curiosity's sake.

SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'.
    Last edited by mclenrd; 10-25-2012 at 02:02 PM.

You can get your own right here.....
    http://www.militariacollection.com/laura/2.htm

?

Quote by meyerse View Post
    You can get your own right here.....
    http://www.militariacollection.com/laura/2.htm

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast