Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'.

Article about: eBay is NOT the place to go for this sort of thing. come on now. Latest developments: 1. CG got in touch with me after seeing my new photos and he now seems very interested. 2. There's a guy

Default Re: SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'.

Sorry, but not much point in beating a dead horse. I don't believe in this ring and Don Boyle has verified this belief. (I could give a rat's butt what Gottleib thinks about Anything...). I've owned several of these rings over the years and have handled many more both good and bad, and this ring is not. I wish it Had been good, but from everything I've seen of it, it's just not there.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Honour Ring for discussion - named to 'Hahn'.
    P
    Many

I beg your pardon? You're not sorry. It's how you feel and thats fine... nobody is forcing you to read or post on this thread. Adrian simply asked me to post a photo of the thickness of the ring and so I did. I'm not trying to convince anyone otherwise.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Sorry, but not much point in beating a dead horse. I don't believe in this ring and Don Boyle has verified this belief. (I could give a rat's butt what Gottleib thinks about Anything...). I've owned several of these rings over the years and have handled many more both good and bad, and this ring is not. I wish it Had been good, but from everything I've seen of it, it's just not there.

Well, that's a Good thing then, that you're not trying to convince anyone otherwise...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thank you for posting the image of the ring thickness, much appreciated.

Bottom line is that the ring is being verified as a fake by Don Boyle and yet is being sold as an original to a collector from WAF. The seller is making a healthy profit on his outlay and that negates the cost of the certificate from Don.

So, I point out again as a closing statement on this thread that we have an apparent fake ring, as confirmed by the person who probably knows more about these items than anyone else around but it is being sold to a collector who owns several of these rings and therefore should know a little of his subject matter as an original.

The thread has now run it's course and there seems to be little of value being added by all parties so I will close it.

There are fourteen pages of discussion here for the reader to make his or her minds up over this ring and I'll leave it to the individual to make their own minds up.

This thread is now closed. If anyone has a worthwhile contribution they feel should be added, please contact me and I will discuss it with you.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I have re-opened this thread so Matt can add a few details regarding the sale.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you Ade. There seems to be a huge misunderstanding going on somewhere which is resulting in me being terribly harassed by one very nasty person who supposedly has several aliases is under the misguided impression that the ring was purchased by me from Craig Gottlieb. That is not true. I clearly state where the ring came from early on in the discussion.

FOR THE RECORD the ring in discussion has NOT been sold to anyone (at this point in time whilst I make this post)... However the ring is currently being inspected by another interested party and in full disclosure, they were provided with a copy of Don Boyle's COA indicating that the ring is believed to be a copy.

In a previous post I clearly stated that a moderator on WAF was seriously interested and offered a large sum pending Don's assessment. I informed the potential buyer that the ring was declared 'a good copy' and the deal fell through. Furthermore, I'd appreciate it if people would stop asking me who it was. I won't say.

I'd like to thank everyone who participated in this discussion about the ring.

Sincerely,
    Matt
    Last edited by mclenrd; 10-28-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Thanks Matt.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thank you for clearing the matter up Matt and for being open about it.

What do you intend doing with the ring now?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I'm waiting to hear back from the other interested party. Should that fall through, then I'll sell it to someone who wishes to use it for study/comparison purposes. I already have several offered lined up. (I'd like to get my money back at least)

Default Re: SS Honour Ring for sale in the classifieds.

Quote by mclenrd View Post

I should also note, Craig Gottlieb saw worse looking photos of this ring and said it was original.
    Gottlieb is a dick.. He will tell anyone anything to make them think it is real, and so he can put in his
    auction and make money for it.. If this is being sold at the WAF, why dont you tell the poor gentalman
    what Don said about ths ring.. If your not then disreguard..
    But please do the right thing.. KARMA is one bitch I dont like..

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast