Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS ring

Article about: Hello, I have been looking at rings and wanted to know what you thought about the dealer and the rings story? Real deal? What do you guys think about this? Schutzstaffel Totenkopfring ( SS H

Default SS ring

Hello, I have been looking at rings and wanted to know what you thought about the dealer and the rings story? Real deal?
    What do you guys think about this?
    Schutzstaffel Totenkopfring ( SS Honor Ring) awarded to SS Fhrer Herrmann

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS ring
    P
    Many

Default Re: Oakleaf Military.Inc

The ring is an original (imo) Summer Solstice ring dated 1944. This is the commonest type found today in both the award date and the year, although more were produced in 1942, there are more '44 rings known to be still in existence today.

The two flaws seen on a couple of the rune panels are a good sign, as is the engraving and the typical 40's style skull.

I like it.

Regards, Ned.
    Last edited by big ned; 05-18-2013 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Head Dobber Malfunction.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I agree with Ned. The ring looks fine to me also.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks a lot guys. What do you think about the price? There is also another ring that I would like you opinions on please.

Extremely rare dated SS Totenkopfring ( SS Honor Ring) awarded to SS Fuhrer Grams

The price is about in the to be expected range. Sometimes you can chance across one cheaper, but it's always just a matter of being in the right spot at the right time. The Grams ring is cheaper, but it's condition is awful. It looks like it has actual Cracks in it and I would think it would be unstable. If you had to choose, I'd look more at the Hermann...If you are Serious on it, I would advise making him an Offer on it-he is usually open to reasonable negotiation.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."