Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS ring need help

Article about: SS ring Hi guys, I have an SS ring here. This ring comes from a estate with a Chained SS Dagger,. I think this ring was bought privately. The acid test revealed that the ring was silver. Eit

Default SS ring need help

SS ring
    Hi guys,
    I have an SS ring here. This ring comes from a estate with a Chained SS Dagger,.
    I think this ring was bought privately. The acid test revealed that the ring was silver. Either the pads are made of brass or 333 gold. This I could not test yet. An acid test showed that it is not about 585 gold.
    The ring was made in several parts. The runes and triangles on the side of the ring were placed separately. I would have liked your opinion to the ring and maybe you can also rate the ring price.
    [
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS ring need help   SS ring need help  

SS ring need help   SS ring need help  

SS ring need help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS ring need help
    P
    Many

I will move this to the ring forum where you will likely get better response
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Verrrry interesting.......

SS ring need help
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Not a type that I've seen before, but I do like the construction and the age looks appropriate to the era. It could even be a well made hand-made piece, one step above trench art. The fact that it not marked for metal content would further this view. So, not only was this likely privately purchased, but privately made as well. Not by a top silversmith,by any means, but competently so. Without any solid provenance, we can't ever actually say definitively one way or another, but I would be leaning on the side of a good piece-for now! (Now watch 50 of them suddenly show up in the markets in Poland...lol) Price? Almost impossible in this case, but I wouldn't put a heavy number into it for just the reasons given above.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I'm thinking more of a period ring doctored for extra SS 'zing'. Those runes look hokey as hell. Not one I would want in my collection without some rock solid providence.

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I'm thinking more of a period ring doctored for extra SS 'zing'. Those runes look hokey as hell. Not one I would want in my collection without some rock solid providence.
    My thaughts too.

I wouldn't be so quick to toss this ring,though...as said, it is nearly impossible to date a hand assembled ring, however, it Could very well be good also.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Personally i think its very amateurish , quite possibly made by owner but we will never know when it was made and who made it .