Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Ring Questions

Article about: Hello everyone! I've received this SS Ring today. I was hoping you guys could tell me a little about it. It looks real to me. Any help in determining that would be grand. Thank you.

Default SS Ring Questions

Hello everyone! I've received this SS Ring today. I was hoping you guys could tell me a little about it. It looks real to me. Any help in determining that would be grand. Thank you. SS Ring QuestionsSS Ring QuestionsSS Ring QuestionsSS Ring QuestionsSS Ring QuestionsSS Ring QuestionsSS Ring QuestionsSS Ring QuestionsSS Ring Questions
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Ring Questions   SS Ring Questions  

SS Ring Questions   SS Ring Questions  

SS Ring Questions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Ring Questions
    P
    Many

A fantasy ring IMO.

I've noticed that recently the makers of these rings have been
    putting hallmarks on the outer band. Much easier than
    stamping them along the inside.

If it were real it would likely sell for quite a lot of money.
    There are many thousands of fakes and fantasies
    being made today.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Sorry, but the design is, as said, a fantasy design that never existed. The stamped markings are absurd and if anywhere, they should be Inside, rather than outside of the band. The SS Runes in the shield, for example, would Not have been allowed and would have been a Heavily punishable offense, the use of SS Runes being strictly prohibited for Anything that was not Officially issued by the SS themselves, and the only such rings they Did issue were the Honor Ring and some Wedding rings for superior officers. A ring like this would Not.

This post should be in the Ring Forum, in any case.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It's a 4th reich 'fantasy' design ring. The same layout can be found but with a skull and bones instead of the runes seen here. This ring design was never produced during the 3rd reich period.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks for the replies. Now I'm at least hoping it's made of silver.

Well it is a real ring, and even seems to be a silver one. One could even call it an SS ring due to the rune-design, but it is in no way a pre-1945 item.
    I just cant believe how many rings come up for review, I mean; doesn't anybody just look on google anymore? There are more "German" rings for sale today on internet than there were German soldiers during the war!

Google has so much misinformation out there that I decided to come and ask the people that have a passion for items like these. People, like you, that are familiar with these items. If I would have followed what I've seen on Google, I would have come to the conclusion that this ring is real. Thankfully I came here instead.

I hope you can return the ring for credit. I am amazed at the vast array of fantasy rings that are being sold these days. You have come to the right place for assistance. It is always better to verify if it is something you are not familiar with.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I can understand replica German stuff. They can be used for re enactments but i think it should be illegal for them to put makers marks. That there is trying to decive.
    Hope you can get your money back

Darn shame concerning all these forgeries. Seems to be rampant especially among Third Reich items. Fakers know what is hot and will come out with some of the most outlandish designs that never existed in original items. Best advice is do some research before jumping in with both feet. Plenty of good folks on this forum willing to help.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast