Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS ring and wedding ring

Article about: Hi guys! Here is what i received this morning! i guess i was lucky this time those are private purchase rings (at very good price), everything looks good to me but as a beginner i need your

Default SS ring and wedding ring

Hi guys!

Here is what i received this morning! i guess i was lucky this time

those are private purchase rings (at very good price), everything looks good to me but as a beginner i need your precious enlightments!

No ss stamp or rzm,used,the seller told me he has found them in a house clearance .

I truely think those three are real ones ^^ So experts correct me if i'm wrong

SS ring and wedding ring
    ss ring
    SS ring and wedding ring
    stamp 835
    SS ring and wedding ring

SS ring and wedding ring
    ss ring
    SS ring and wedding ring
    stamp 800
    SS ring and wedding ring

SS ring and wedding ring
    wedding ring
    SS ring and wedding ring

SS ring and wedding ring
    stamp 800
    SS ring and wedding ring

it was not easy to find them on the internet but i found some in respected dealers classifieds... i really hope thos aren't not fakes ^^

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS ring and wedding ring
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS ring and wedding ring

I would not be optimistic as 99.99% of these are outright fakes/ post-war biker gang/ neo-nazi pieces.

Good luck to you, sir!

CBH
    ?

Was it a bikers house ?

?

First, Joe makes a valid point! Better pictures are needed, try taking the rings outside and photo in direct sunlight. Get straight on shots of the fronts, sides, etc. try and remove all shadows and get close ups with out blurring, if possible. I do not like the looks of these, but better pics well definitely help.

?

I think You may find that You should have posted photographs of these rings before You purchased them.

?

There is virtually no signs of wear...... and I think I can see cast marks... also, if you picked up all three for a price that is way to good to be true, usually is!

1 : hope to be in the 0.01 % then
    2 : no biker house! here in belgium it's hard to be a biker, so much holes in the streets ! maybe he used to have a horse
    3 : i will manage to take better pictures tomorrow!with no shades when light will permit it
    4 : the picture were bad so impossible to post them before i own them ^^ the guy don't know how to use a camera ...
    5 : yes there are signs of wear and some of these are visible on the picture, you should know that an item don't need to be broken to be good ...
    a lot of militaria items even cloth items are still in good condition and that don't make them fakes !the guy is not a militaria enthousiast, he just wanted to have the silver value of them and sometimes you can get lucky it doesn't only happens to others

there is one of them here: a classified of ron wolin German Militaria Collectables Local

Quote by darkmyst View Post
    you should know that an item don't need to be broken to be good ...
    a lot of militaria items even cloth items are still in good condition and that don't make them fakes
    Well stated! I hope you are pleasantly surprised and pleased with the outcome of whether or not these rings are authentic... Just know that the odds are not in your favor.

Hi Darkmyst,

The wedding ring is a copy of a genuine period ring. Don Boyle describes this design as being made by the Hemmerle Co. The problem is that it's marked as .800 silver. ALL copies are marked this way, the genuine ring was, as you would expect for a wedding ring, made of gold and marked as .585 (1.4k gold) or .750 (1.8k gold). In the case of Hemmerle they were also apparently stamped with a capital 'H'. Another maker of a very similar design was made by the jewellers Gahr, again in gold, and besides the karat content stamp/hallmark were marked with the Gahr Co. cypher.

Think about it. Who really buys a silver wedding ring? I would say that 99.9% of wedding rings are gold whether yellow, white, rose or whatever. I can guarantee you that the above example is not genuine. Could I ask what you paid for it, and from what 'respected dealer in classifieds' that sold you this and the other two rings, which unfortunately are also fakes.

I realise you will not like what I have said, but please don't go into 'denial mode' as the only person who believes these are real is you, which is a shame. I would urge you to try and get your money back, hopefully you paid for them with Visa/Mastercard or Paypal where you have recourse and can get a full refund should the vendor refuse to pay you back (which I think is quite likely). If you paid cash or money order for these bogus rings then i'm afraid you've had it old chap.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

When you take pics, have the light at your back, not in front of you, especially with window light. Your pics are what's known as "backlit" which is sometimes a wonderful effect on portraits, nudes, etc... ;-) Not very helpful for actually looking at stuff.

I for one are not a big fan of outside light at all, on a sunny day being the absolute worst. Sidelight is the absolute best for seeing relief and detail in items.

As far as close ups, your pics are sharp, no problems. Of course make sure to use the micro (flower) icon when getting super close, and brace your arms on your elbows to get very steady shots, even in fairly low light.

Here's an example (I just took) of a backlit shot, vs one correctly exposed with the light coming at your back. If the light behind you is too extreme, you can always shade the subject with your body to control it.

SS ring and wedding ring SS ring and wedding ring

Otherwise I'd say at a glance total fakes, that's just my instant gut feeling.

PS "feeling" vindicated by Ned, (not to be made redundant ;-) I'd actually written this before he posted, but went and took the pics, a bit of downsizing, uploading, etc. Anyway, mine was just that, a feeling, where Ned seems to have the goods on this subject
    Last edited by Doppelgänger; 04-19-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast