Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

SS/skull ring collection

Article about: Hey guys, I found this section looking for SS rings and skull rings to buy. I seem to be unable to find any. Guys hoard those things up!! Can't blame them. I would love to buy some more, jus

Quote by CBH View Post
    The one pictured above , but I'm not going to comment on it's originality as this isn't my area of collecting .
    I understand. So your feeling is that SSTK honor rings are the only style of SS ring accepted? Given period pictures of SS rings in wear plus period advertisements ect justifies many styles of SS rings along with skull rings. I'm new here so I do not know but do any members post pictures of rings in wear? Or post period advertisements?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS/skull ring collection
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

There are mostly just Eastern European and Biker Rings posted by new collectors , some Canteen Rings of the Skull type and many Fake Honor Rings and a few Real SS Honor Rings . As for private purchase SS Rings I don't see the need to take such a chance on a small piece of silver with Runes on it . To easily faked using the same advertisements you mention , and not being an issue item why not collect TR Tie Pins , I guess it's just too much of a Bling Thing for me . Cheers and welcome to the Forum

Quote by CBH View Post
    There are mostly just Eastern European and Biker Rings posted by new collectors , some Canteen Rings of the Skull type and many Fake Honor Rings and a few Real SS Honor Rings . As for private purchase SS Rings I don't see the need to take such a chance on a small piece of silver with Runes on it . To easily faked using the same advertisements you mention , and not being an issue item why not collect TR Tie Pins , I guess it's just too much of a Bling Thing for me . Cheers and welcome to the Forum

Thank you for the welcome and thank you for your explanation. I agree there are many fakes of all types of rings. It's takes studying and good friends with greater knowledge to teach and help others learn.

?

Quote by hdmarley View Post
    Hey guys, I found this section looking for SS rings and skull rings to buy. I seem to be unable to find any. Guys hoard those things up!! Can't blame them. I would love to buy some more, just unable to find any.

Any way I thought I would make my contribution here to the ring section. I have enjoyed browsing the pages no doubt here!

Cheers ,

DJ
    Hi
    Welcome here!
    For me without any doubts some real nice period rings

Default Rings

Quote by odal View Post
    Hi
    Welcome here!
    For me without any doubts some real nice period rings
    Thank you Odal for your kind words. Although we have never spoke, I have read your comments on many rings in older threads on many other forums. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Cheers 🍻

Quote by hdmarley View Post
    They are all real my friend. 2 are being published in a upcoming book by Gaspare Bua. The TK ring has all the die flaws and a Boyle COA. Rest have all the characteristics one must see on period rings.

The SS ring with big center swaz is stamped with a sword for Dutch silver and hallmarked as well. The details in that ring is outstanding in my opinion.

I simply can't find any SS enamel rings much here in the USA. Far more rare than a TK ring. I can find those gems ha ha ha

Cheers!
    I thought these rings was to good to be true, I love the one with the swastika! I'm jealous!

I know G who is doing the book. He knows his stuff.

Nice items and thanks for sharing them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

An excellent gathering of some Very fine rings-both private purchase and official! The tagged TK is especially nice to see-I like the fine detailing to it. These new old stock rings come along once in a great while and in a seemingly infinite number of varieties but to me, despite the value of the Honor Ring, the star of the lot is the massive swastika ring-definitely not a commonly seen piece and more than considerably rare. One wonders if it was, perhaps, once belonging to an SS of some rank in Holland.
    I, too, like the enamel runes rings and you are certainly right-they are extremely difficult to come by even in Europe, much less the States. Unfortunately, the fakers have gotten into high gear making very good copies of them now and in huge quantities, so, for me, about the only ones to pick up now are the battlefield dug pieces. No doubt there are more than a few that have been passed over because of this, but it's about the safest way these days.
    What is the name of the recipient of the HR? Have you tried researching it? Thanks for posting! Always refreshing to see genuine rings and in great conditions! I think, perhaps, 95% of the ones we see here anymore are the endless flood of modern made European fake trash, so when good ones come by, they're always a treat to see!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I know G who is doing the book. He knows his stuff.

Nice items and thanks for sharing them.

Cheers, Ade.

Hello Ade, thanks for your kind words. G is a blast to talk too. We have been friends for some time and has helped me tremendously. I wished his book was already printed. I know I'd love to see some of the eye candy he is printing.

Cheers,

hdmarley

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    An excellent gathering of some Very fine rings-both private purchase and official! The tagged TK is especially nice to see-I like the fine detailing to it. These new old stock rings come along once in a great while and in a seemingly infinite number of varieties but to me, despite the value of the Honor Ring, the star of the lot is the massive swastika ring-definitely not a commonly seen piece and more than considerably rare. One wonders if it was, perhaps, once belonging to an SS of some rank in Holland.
    I, too, like the enamel runes rings and you are certainly right-they are extremely difficult to come by even in Europe, much less the States. Unfortunately, the fakers have gotten into high gear making very good copies of them now and in huge quantities, so, for me, about the only ones to pick up now are the battlefield dug pieces. No doubt there are more than a few that have been passed over because of this, but it's about the safest way these days.
    What is the name of the recipient of the HR? Have you tried researching it? Thanks for posting! Always refreshing to see genuine rings and in great conditions! I think, perhaps, 95% of the ones we see here anymore are the endless flood of modern made European fake trash, so when good ones come by, they're always a treat to see!
    I agree, I'd love to know who had that swaz ring made. I'm sure he was proud and wore it with pride. The detail and craftsmanship is amazing.

I wish rings was more available here in the U.S. Seems like most guys have trays and trays of them. I'm lucky to have what I have. It was work getting those.

The TK has been researched. Attached is one copy from a researcher. Another is finishing up one. He dug a little deeper and found more info. Nobody special or big but still able to put a little history to the ring.

Where is a good place to find even ground dug examples of SS and skull rings in your opinion?

Cheers🍻
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS/skull ring collection   SS/skull ring collection  

SS/skull ring collection  

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast