Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

SS/skull ring collection

Article about: Hey guys, I found this section looking for SS rings and skull rings to buy. I seem to be unable to find any. Guys hoard those things up!! Can't blame them. I would love to buy some more, jus

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    The most absurd crap rings I have seen... I suppose they are signed by AH as well.... What a joke..
    hdmarley, Forgive my prior assessment... In this day and age there are many fakes... I stand corrected.
    Welcome to the Forum and I look forward to many new posts from you...
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS/skull ring collection
    P
    Many

Very interesting thread,
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

CBH
    ?

I too owe you an apology , so many rings from a first time poster . I figured you were selling fakes , and I jumped to the wrong conclusion . Sorry if I made your introduction to the Forum not as welcoming as it should have been . Again Welcome

?

Im puzzled.The Swastika ring looks too good to be period (if You see what I mean).Obviously by the posts of approval it is genuine.Welcome to the forum and thanks for showing them to us.Youve taught Me something today

Quote by Gwar View Post
    hdmarley, Forgive my prior assessment... In this day and age there are many fakes... I stand corrected.
    Welcome to the Forum and I look forward to many new posts from you...
    It's no problem. I was somewhat shocked coming right of the gate like that with those comments. I've been around a while and know how forums are or can be. That keeps a lot of guys from posting good stuff. But I like to share and I like to study other threads ect.

No worries, no harm done. 👍🏻

Quote by CBH View Post
    I too owe you an apology , so many rings from a first time poster . I figured you were selling fakes , and I jumped to the wrong conclusion . Sorry if I made your introduction to the Forum not as welcoming as it should have been . Again Welcome
    No worries. I wasn't selling them but am looking to buy another ring or so soon if I could. That's the challenge is finding the rings. But I must admit, harsh words right off the bat was a bit of a shock for some reason. Although I've seen it many time on all forums, it did catch me off guard.

But no worries, no harm done.

Quote by lew07 View Post
    Im puzzled.The Swastika ring looks too good to be period (if You see what I mean).Obviously by the posts of approval it is genuine.Welcome to the forum and thanks for showing them to us.Youve taught Me something today
    I do know what you mean. It's just that great! The chain of ownership is known since its been found years ago. It's been in a fight with a gypsy on the beach by one guy who wore it for a short time. But it can all be traced back. The sword hallmark dates the ring. Dutch silver hallmarks used some variations in sword marks. That's all online. My jewelers loupe isn't strong enough for me to see the other square hallmark. Looks like mabbe two letters and star or something but I really can't make it out. Hopefully a stronger magnifier will solve that.

Thanks for the welcome.

?

Part of the problem the ring experts on here have is trying to distinguish the good from the bad by looking at photographs,if they had the item in their hand life would be so much easier for them.Also there seems to be an abundance of modern day rubbish which is usually what they find they are looking at on here.It must be very frustrating at times.Again welcome aboard!!

You got that right my friend, I agree 100%. Trying to take good photos is hard. It's a art form. A ring in hand is always best. I'm sure I've passed up a real ring or two because the photography made things look like something it may not be. And people get frustrated when asked to take pics, then those don't work, then you ask for different angles and those are not any better. Then you get labeled a time waster yet you have a handful of cash to send them if you could just get the one perfect photo. It's a head game ha ha ha 🍻

The Ehrenring is a fine original dated 20.4. for Hitler's birthday, and the year 1937 is frequently found for this bestowal date and onwards until 1944, having been first used sparingly the previous year (1936). I believe that by the limited photo's available here, this may be the ring once owned by a chap named 'Adamik' and has been published elsewhere.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast