Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

SS TK Ring with Weird Engraving

Article about: Hi guys, does this one here stand a chance? I personally find the engraving/inscription around the outer edge phony, but what do you say?

Who is Piotr Podstolski who is slamming the ring on the FB page, is he experienced? Does he know what he is talking about?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS TK Ring with Weird Engraving
    P
    Many

Well I have no idea, sorry!

Piotr Podstolski has a fairly extensive ring collection. I believe that he specializes in them.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It would appear therefore that his views should be taken seriously.

All this recent controversy with rings is most unsettling, they are a very interesting area of collecting but with the recent strong element of doubt being thrown around, many collectors will be rightfully wary of putting their hands in their wallets.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    It would appear therefore that his views should be taken seriously.

All this recent controversy with rings is most unsettling, they are a very interesting area of collecting but with the recent strong element of doubt being thrown around, many collectors will be rightfully wary of putting their hands in their wallets.
    Isn't that a good thing? More care, more expertise...of course I don't LIKE the fact that some crooks are trying to cheat others. But in a way it makes the whole thing more interesting: more detective work is needed, and you have to become a real expert! :-)
    Of course, on the other hand, maybe this recent one is just a matter of folks being overcautious. Then again I guess better be shaved than shorty!
    Mark

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Who is Piotr Podstolski who is slamming the ring on the FB page, is he experienced? Does he know what he is talking about?
    Piotr is a collector from Polland, i think he knows what he talk about. A very honest guy in my opinion.

I figured as much. Very sad then for the seller of this ring...

Ring is original, well know only few examples. I don't understand, why this ring for you is very suspicious? Just because there in Europe such rings was never found? There is one found in Slovenia but without runes and now located in Bernhard Grill collection. Yes, it looks very strange, but many of rings looks very strange. For instance I saw only one SS ring in advertisment and few on period photos. So SS rings which has no advertisement in period newspapers and no pictures of wear automatically became fake? This is really weird. This rings has no problems, all die struck without defects, flaws and other bad things. Only few known examples and only one for was for sale for many years. Here is Bernhard Grill ring which he bought from Slovenian digger almost for free. Not all came from Eastern Europe.

And this is Poland fake made from detailed photos of original ring. As you can see bad color, porosity, flaws and casting. Also made from cheap Polish silver.

Two known rings with SS runes are in Russian FRJ collector collection and never was for sale in public market. One ring (right ring) came to him from Königsberg (now Kaliningrad), where was found in sea sand. Here is comparison of two rings from FRJ collector. You can see that this is same stamp.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast