Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

SS TK Ring with Weird Engraving

Article about: Hi guys, does this one here stand a chance? I personally find the engraving/inscription around the outer edge phony, but what do you say?

Quote by jamoros View Post
    I cleaned mine also, guess this is not such a big issue when talking about rings, is it?, it s a matter of preference and taste
    Oh-Oh...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS TK Ring with Weird Engraving
    P
    Many

Cleaning ugly tarnish from a silver ring is perfectly fine, so long as it is not repeated continuously, as silver is soft and will lose details from excessive polishing.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Mark4321 View Post
    Oh-Oh...
    Why 'Oh-Oh'?

Quote by rod halliday View Post
    I have bought 3 rings from Maxim...all great
    Also bought 2 from Petre Podeski... pardon my spelling...
    Would be great to see your rings Rod!

So.
    So,apology accepted.I'm glad Mister Odal made an objective study.I want to see below the post:"This ring is the original.It was renovated in makeshift conditions"
    Last edited by Eismeerfront; 01-28-2016 at 12:38 PM.

Bottom line here being, is that after all the time,trouble and expense that has been caused by this ring, the in-hand inspection has produced a "It could be die struck or cast"?? It was even examined under a microscope, and all for an inconclusive result. I've said it before and it's still true-there have almost certainly been Many such authentic rings that have been dismissed and discarded as "cast". Poor photos can account for much, but when a piece has been In Hand and under a Microscope and it Still cannot be decided, then the evidence for my statement stands by itself. Rings that come straight out of the ground cannot, apparently, be judged with the same standards and rules as Non-excavated. Ground chemicals and conditions have affect on silver. Silver from out of sea water clearly show that this is true. Who can say what chemicals and other battlefield conditions are present in each site and what they will do to cheap silver? People are getting too quick with arbitrarily making so-called definitive statements that almost every ring they come across is "cast".
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Why 'Oh-Oh'?
    It's nothing to you, 'big man'...

Quote by Mark4321 View Post
    It's nothing to you, 'big man'...
    Excuse me?!? Why the attitude?? Am I not free to ask what I want, when I want, to who I want and how I want? Or is that only your perogative?

Hope some good rings soon will be up for sale because some will get rid of due mass paranoia :P

?

Quote by Eismeerfront View Post
    So.
    So,apology accepted.I'm glad Mister Odal made an objective study.I want to see below the post:"This ring is the original.It was renovated in makeshift conditions"
    ?????
    What apology?
    How you got this idea?
    Sorry, no!
    I only described the facts of this ring.
    Silver, with a semi-professional repair...for silver wrong solder is covering a lot of of inside of band.
    Signs of manufacturing the ring are not, or no more, visible.

Thats it.

A 100 % sure german made period ring to make a comparison doesn`t exist. Or you know one?

For me we are still at the beginning of this discussion:
    A questionable ring with a story.

The only what i can confirm is that this on the first pics seen pittings are within this done soldering and not in the silver of the ring

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast