Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

ss totenkopf ring

Article about: hi does anybody know if there is any reserchers,group or enthusiasts trying to locate the many ss rings blast sealed into the side of a mountain near Wewelsburg? a find like that would surel

?

Post some detailed photos of it.

Regards
    Brett

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss totenkopf ring
    P
    Many

It would be very important to post pictures of the ringĀ“s interior to check engraving and the seam but considering the outer aspect it has a great chance to be a very nice original ring.

I will post some more pictures of the inside engraving and the seam tomorrow. I don't have the ring with me. Those were just quick pictures with my phone.

It certainly has potential on this cursory view. But much better photo's are required of each rune close up, the interior engraving and the skull front and back (it should be a separate piece soldered onto the band) showing the soldered joint that is behind it (in most cases). Here's an example of the type of photo's that's really needed to make an accurate assessment in this thread (it's actually the link given by Brett in post #3) and there are two examples therein that show the necessary details:

SS Ehrenring

That's what is the quality pic's required need to be like to have a chance on stating whether original or not. Failing that you could send it to Don Boyle for authenticating and can contact him at honorringman@webtv.net. or honorringman@verizon.net

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Indeed we need further pics of he inside. The more details the better. I would also like a close up of the Skull itself. We have gents in here that are very knowledgeable in SS Honor Rings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2