Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Totenkopf Ring / Gottlieb vs Boyle

Article about: Hello everyone, I am not a collector of rings at all, but I couldn't help raising my eyebrows when I saw this ring and the info about it. (I do collect other German Militaria though) As far

Default SS Totenkopf Ring / Gottlieb vs Boyle

Hello everyone,

I am not a collector of rings at all, but I couldn't help raising my eyebrows when I saw this ring and the info about it. (I do collect other German Militaria though)

As far as I know Don Boyle is an expert when it comes to SS Rings, and I guess Gottlieb is also an expert. But this ring is sold together with a voicemail recording from Don Boyle claiming the ring is a fake!!
    I mean come on! What is this?

Totenkopf Ring, von Salisch

I would vey much like to hear some comments about this.

Best Regards
    Chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Totenkopf Ring / Gottlieb vs Boyle
    P
    Many

Personally, I would trust Don Boyle before I would trust CG.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Gottlieb is near last on my trusting scale with only Snyder and a few others below him. Don't take his word on anything.

Quote by Panzersaurus View Post
    Gottlieb is near last on my trusting scale with only Snyder and a few others below him. Don't take his word on anything.
    You are 110% right and there is a forum that CG has money into.Say one negative thing about this sawed off seller of big buck repros and you will be banned!!This info from dealers and collectors who have some years in the hobby.

Several things about this ring would make me run a mile. The font used in the engraving of the name 'Himmler' is meant to resemble his spiky signature, this is nowhere near, look at the soft 'm's. If anyone can show me a single confirmed original ring with this type of signature i'll eat my hat. Furthermore, i'm concerned with the long, deep lines of the acanthus leaves either side of the skull, they don't sit right with me. But the real problem with this ring is that at sometime, and for whatever reason, the double runic oval has been added to the ring, note the arrows pointing out the seams, what happened to the original one? Why has Gottlieb totally failed to mention this crucial point? It also proves that the ring was engraved AFTER the repair as the script covers the join and matches up on the inside, whilst the outside patently does not. Original??? I think we all know the answer to that....Not for me. Even if it was given to me.

SS Totenkopf Ring / Gottlieb vs BoyleSS Totenkopf Ring / Gottlieb vs BoyleSS Totenkopf Ring / Gottlieb vs BoyleSS Totenkopf Ring / Gottlieb vs Boyle

Talk about cut and shut....

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I can't stand that snakey eyed, sawed off fraud.

So far 5 replies, 1 about the ring in question, and 4 about the geezer selling it....Says a lot.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

There is a site by ARoyster "Disecting a fraud" tells you all you need to know. timothy

Quote by big ned View Post
    So far 5 replies, 1 about the ring in question, and 4 about the geezer selling it....Says a lot.
    It's obvious that there is a dispute between Gottlieb & Boyle. But the way Gottlieb is promoting this ring is crazy. Why would anyone want a recording from a well known expert claiming it's a fake?
    It seems like Gottlieb is riding on a very high horse... Maybe the the Pawn Star appearance got to his head?

Quote by timothy View Post
    There is a site by ARoyster "Disecting a fraud" tells you all you need to know. timothy
    I would not hold much faith in that either.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast