Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Totenkopf Ring / Gottlieb vs Boyle

Article about: Hello everyone, I am not a collector of rings at all, but I couldn't help raising my eyebrows when I saw this ring and the info about it. (I do collect other German Militaria though) As far

?

Quote by Panzersaurus View Post
    Gottlieb is near last on my trusting scale with only Snyder and a few others below him. Don't take his word on anything.
    But what about the certificate of authenticity I got from him? (simply kidding)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Totenkopf Ring / Gottlieb vs Boyle
    P
    Many

From what i've read, Gottlieb would sell his own Grandmother to turn a profit.

Why not start a new thread entitled " I Think Craig Gottlieb is a C*** Because..." as that's what this one is turning into. It's about the ring more than the snake that's hawking it, let's get a grip guy's and discuss the item rather than the vendor, ad infinitum......We all know what he's like, get over it.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Agreed!!!!... stay focused gents on sharpening your own skills..and the item in question. We all know who the unscrupulous are of selling wares...and names have been mentioned. Professionalism starts with oneself..and in time...it all shows. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    From what i've read, Gottlieb would sell his own Grandmother to turn a profit.
    COA included.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    COA included.
    Bugger the COA, gimme her pension book.....
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Anymore thoughts on the ring before I close the thread?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

yes fake.

?

Interesting line up of things awry with the ring. Certainly an eye opener. HH signature was certainly distinctive with the spiked 'Ms' as mentioned. A silly mistake to make.

Ooooh was it something I said......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast