Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS Viking Ring, real or fake?

Article about: by ikh90 Then i thank you for you're opinion . But it's harsh to be a newbie Only when you treat others with disrespect.

Got any proof of that?
    Got any manners ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Viking Ring, real or fake?
    P
    Many

Question

Got milk?!?!?
    Sorry, I had too. Agreed, Ade is well deserving of manners being shown to him, and I'd suggest you do. He is easily one of the most helpful and nicest guys around. Your lack of respect speaks volumes. A please and thank you take less than a second to type. Many here are sharing knowledge they learnt in books and life experience over many of decades, at minimum use your manners, it's only right considering it takes no true effort or energy and your getting something for free many would charge for.

at risk of speaking too much and doing so too late at night for me, i will say that when one posts an item, one is asking for opinions.

one is not asking for argument.

one is not asking for an opportunity to deride membership.

one posts the item. one receives opinions. one thanks the membership for their time and weighs the opinions received as best they are able by observing whether there is consensus among membership and one can, through experience and time spent on the forum or other cues, weigh the experience and/or stature afforded to the expressing member by the community at large.

in the rather rare event one feels this is too burdensome a way of doing the business that we do, there are always other forums.

a person can always find the opinion they want. but in our world, what we want takes second chair the what we really need and that is an opinion of quality. that, my friend, is something that in many years of collecting i have found no where else in as abundant supply as i have found it here.

here we strive to relate to each other in an easy and amicable way. we find more value in the education and in educating than in the merits of any particular piece. this is worth reading twice. it is at the heart of what being a member here means.

in the end, as it concerns what is truly important, finding the right community is of more value than owning the right piece.

?

All bases concerning this ring have been covered already, but ill show "proof" if you'd like. Here is a pin-back version of the same design as the ring in the OP. I've had this for over a decade, given to me by my Aunt (a former biker chick). She had it for a couple decades....possibly the 1970's. I anchored the two pins on the back of it in this small glass top box when I was bored one day. (In this picture, the box is sitting on top of my Viking mug that's been in the family for nearly 400 years, and the ONLY Viking related item that's genuine in this thread)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Viking Ring, real or fake?  

The horns on these silly rings had a nasty habit of nearly ripping your finger off every time you stuck your hand in your pants pocket...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Forum members and guests.. Especially "Newbies" to the forum should show respect to the Moderators and other contributors that share their combined knowledge "Freely"... New members also should at least show some manners by saying "Please" and "Thank you" and accept the truths based on many, many years of combined experience... JMHO... Thanks guys for putting up with my "Rant"....Gwar..
    I don't think you are ranting at all Gwar, "manners cost nothing"!....

It took me all of 45 seconds to find a half dozen more of these
    Viking SS rings on ebay.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    A very poor response to a very knowledgable member and founder of our Forum. I also recall when these came out in the 1970's and yes, they are fake. If you do not want to risk a negative response, don't post something asking for opinions. A piece of fantasy 4th Reich junk.
    I am really sorry and i apologize if my request for "proof"(in some form or another) came out as a rude statement, which by all means was not the intent.

I want to point out that i am new at this and i do acknowledge that most people on this forum have far..far more experience in this then i, so again i'm sorry and thanks for the replies.

regards.

?

Quote by Jan View Post
    Very unpolite and bad attitude This guy is playing games for sure. "Greetings" says it all... I think we may have met him under another nickname here in the last 24 hours. Bad thread!

Best,

Jan
    No i am not playing any games or trolling if that's what you mean.
    Also, this my first account on this forum and i am only here to gain experience as a collector and so far all of you have been really helpful in evaluating the items i have shown here, thank you for that.

Cheers.

?

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    at risk of speaking too much and doing so too late at night for me, i will say that when one posts an item, one is asking for opinions.

one is not asking for argument.

one is not asking for an opportunity to deride membership.

one posts the item. one receives opinions. one thanks the membership for their time and weighs the opinions received as best they are able by observing whether there is consensus among membership and one can, through experience and time spent on the forum or other cues, weigh the experience and/or stature afforded to the expressing member by the community at large.

in the rather rare event one feels this is too burdensome a way of doing the business that we do, there are always other forums.

a person can always find the opinion they want. but in our world, what we want takes second chair the what we really need and that is an opinion of quality. that, my friend, is something that in many years of collecting i have found no where else in as abundant supply as i have found it here.

here we strive to relate to each other in an easy and amicable way. we find more value in the education and in educating than in the merits of any particular piece. this is worth reading twice. it is at the heart of what being a member here means.

in the end, as it concerns what is truly important, finding the right community is of more value than owning the right piece.
    Then i thank you for you're opinion .

But it's harsh to be a newbie, we tend to mess up among the pros.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast