MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stuka Ring... could it be a real one?

Article about: What do you all think? It looks to be a two piece made ring? Just curious... Thanks! And Merry Christmas, everyone! HOHOHO! :-D Mark

Default Stuka Ring... could it be a real one?

What do you all think? It looks to be a two piece made ring?Stuka Ring... could it be a real one?
    Just curious...
    Thanks! And Merry Christmas, everyone! HOHOHO! :-D
    Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stuka Ring... could it be a real one?
    P
    Many

?

Could be, but allways questionable in the case of such works.
    It is not a known pattern of a mass produced period ring.

Is that plating or silver paint on top with unusual wear ?

For me I would pass .

Thanks guys! Well I wasn't gonna buy it; just curious.. I think it's plating, but what do I know...😃

To quote FB, "pfui"!

I know it's not a beauty... :-) Was just wondering if it stood a chance re originality: I'm learning, remember? ;-)

Mark, even with all the learning in the world, one photo is not enough to make a call. In the above case, this ring is so damn hokey would you even want it anyway? Furthermore, I have noticed all of a sudden recently that silver rings with gold highlight elements have appeared for sale whereas there have been exactly NONE over previous years. That enough is enough to cause me considerable suspicion whenever such a ring pops up for sale/discussion now.

Hi Glenn, purely academic interest, as it were. Learning material, you might say. Interesting... just learned something new! :-)
    Merry Christmas!
    Mark

?

Sometimes the time and researching help

While doing a researching on an other ring pattern i found out that i was wrong and this thread starting ring
    is a real period mass produced one, but rather rare and very hard to get.
    Is was made in northern Italy (maybe Milano) for German Stuka pilots.
    There is a very close pattern too made for Italian Stuka pilots with the word "PICCHIATELLO".
    This rings are brass and plated (nickel or chrome) and the decor is brass and hold by an rivet.
    Similar ti this well known Italian rings with fasces or swastika or some with both.

So this topic starter seems to be hard to get period stuff.

Quote by odal View Post
    Sometimes the time and researching help

While doing a researching on an other ring pattern i found out that i was wrong and this thread starting ring
    is a real period mass produced one, but rather rare and very hard to get.
    Is was made in northern Italy (maybe Milano) for German Stuka pilots.
    There is a very close pattern too made for Italian Stuka pilots with the word "PICCHIATELLO".
    This rings are brass and plated (nickel or chrome) and the decor is brass and hold by an rivet.
    Similar ti this well known Italian rings with fasces or swastika or some with both.

So this topic starter seems to be hard to get period stuff.
    I believe that the ring is real. I have a couple of Stuka rings, one of which is the same pattern Mark's, albeit mine in less worn. It is nickel- or chrome-plated as noted by Odal. (Götz, where do you get your astonishing information?) I have had this ring for years and it was obtained from a trusted source. The plane and lettering appear to be made of polished brass (not gold).

Nice ring, even if it is a bit hokey . Doesn't even look like a Stuka!

Stuka Ring... could it be a real one?Stuka Ring... could it be a real one?
    Stuka Ring... could it be a real one?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast