MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Swastika Ring - Opinions please!

Article about: Hello all, I have been offered this ring by my dealer friend. I'm usually very skeptical about these kinds of items, having researched rings for quite a while, it doesn't strike me as the us

?

Default Swastika Ring - Opinions please!

Hello all,

I have been offered this ring by my dealer friend. I'm usually very skeptical about these kinds of items, having researched rings for quite a while, it doesn't strike me as the usual rubbish that's found on internet auction sites. Does anyone have any period images of these rings? What's everyone's opinion on this piece? This is the only image I have sorry! Thanks guys! skip01

Swastika Ring - Opinions please!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swastika Ring - Opinions please!
    P
    Many

?

it looks like an original patriotic ring, I would suggest that's its a ring made for a lady due to it having such a narrow band, it should have a silver mark. mike

From the photo, it is hard to tell whether its made of silver but that wasn't unusual for many Third Reich rings. However, this is a known design among the many variations of patriotic rings, and this one was silver. I recall seeing one just like it posted on GD a few years back.

If it is silver, there should be a content mark and possibly a maker's mark too... both on the inside of the ring. You could ask the dealer for more and better pictures. If he's a buddy, surely this should be doable. If it's not silver, I would steer clear unless it's very cheap.

I agree with Bonny that the ring may have been made for a woman (especially if it is very small). There were quite a few swastika rings made for women and even kids. The narrow band could also be explained by shortage of silver during WW2. One reason to be suspicious of big, chunky silver TR rings although there are some very nice, real examples.

From the one photo, it looks OK to me. Nice find!

Cheers,

Stephen

?

Hey spitifireVB and Bonny, thanks for the replies. Duly noted I've managed to get hold of extra pics...see attached. The dealer says there isn't a silver stamp that he can see, it does look like silver to me though. He also says that there isn't a solder seam on the band (possibly attached either side of the face?) Thoughts?

Swastika Ring - Opinions please!Swastika Ring - Opinions please!

?

sorry it looks cast to me, I think others will confirm this,

?

Now that you have said this, it does appear to have a cast 'roughness' inside. Hopefully others will chime in as well!

Hard to say from these photos and I hesitate to get into another ‘cast-or-struck’ debate. My opinion is that this ring is OK but it is quite badly worn. I‘d be interested how much the asking price is. I wouldn’t pay a lot of money for it, personally.

Cheers guys.

?

you can quite clearly see casting dots on the inside and the lack of a joint seam plus no silver mark would deter me. its on ebay at the moment.

Quote by bonny View Post
    you can quite clearly see casting dots on the inside and the lack of a joint seam plus no silver mark would deter me. its on ebay at the moment.
    If it’s on fleabay, I would run away from it. Very quickly!